What's new

After 3+ yrs..todays 10 boxes let me take a SEAT.....PICS ADDED

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 26, 2007
Messages
1,774
Reaction score
569
Golden Thread
0
Location
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Hey guys
picked up 10 boxes today. I got some nice silver, second box produced my first and only Seated Libery Half. I almost fainted. Ive been so looking forward to gettong one of these.
Totals

38- 40's
10- 90's
2- Franklins
4- Walkers and
a 1857-o Seated half HEll yea

Il upload pics tomorrow
Keith

The seated coin ended up being counter stamped with a name and address.

Ben F WYANT
MAY FLOWER SALOON
NO. 137 MAIN ST
MEMPHIS-TENN
any thoughts on this??
 

Attachments

  • seated 4.webp
    seated 4.webp
    5.3 KB · Views: 576
  • seated11.webp
    seated11.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 576
  • lot.webp
    lot.webp
    7.9 KB · Views: 579
Upvote 0
Perhaps Ben F Wyant hid his coins at this address? Maybe you should check it out?
 
Believe it or not, those counter-stamped coins from that era can be worth significantly MORE than the same coin with no original counterstamp. It was a way to promote your business back in the day, and there are specific collectors of counterstamped coins. I have a shield nickel from around the same era that has a counterstamp on it. I'll try to get more info on your coin if you'd like, I know a guy who specializes in this kind of thing.
 
DrDetector said:
Believe it or not, those counter-stamped coins from that era can be worth significantly MORE than the same coin with no original counterstamp. It was a way to promote your business back in the day, and there are specific collectors of counterstamped coins. I have a shield nickel from around the same era that has a counterstamp on it. I'll try to get more info on your coin if you'd like, I know a guy who specializes in this kind of thing.

yea if you could that would be great
 
ugotit22 said:
DrDetector said:
Believe it or not, those counter-stamped coins from that era can be worth significantly MORE than the same coin with no original counterstamp. It was a way to promote your business back in the day, and there are specific collectors of counterstamped coins. I have a shield nickel from around the same era that has a counterstamp on it. I'll try to get more info on your coin if you'd like, I know a guy who specializes in this kind of thing.

yea if you could that would be great

I will see him Sunday and will check for you.
 
would 1893 be the same era?? I got a counterstamped commem. in some rolls yesterday. I am wondering what it could be worth. If you want to see it just check out my thread. Any help would be appreciated.
 
Holy cow ugotit, that is a very nice find! I would have yelled loud enough to scare the neighbors, please keep us posted with updates. Luck to you and HH!

Chuck.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom