Chug And Red
Gold Member
- Joined
- Feb 18, 2010
- Messages
- 7,400
- Reaction score
- 2,684
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Vancouver WA
- Detector(s) used
- Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)
Chug and Reds New Additions
Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
- Primary Interest:
- Metal Detecting
Hi everyone, happy new year, sorry it's been awhile, we weren't able to get out because of the rain, and Chug working for 23 days without a day off. I hope your all doing great, and have been finding some awesome stuff. We knew last week that we were going to have a weird and amazing week, when Chug sent me a text message showing money he had found while walking the grounds of the complex he works at, he just about swallowed his teeth when he counted all that he had found.........$89.00!
I texted back, WTF? It had been windy the day before, and Chug found the money spread out under leaves, branches, and trash. It was great timing, we needed to get our truck insurance paid, and money was short. Our luck continued when we were able to get out Saturday and yesterday and hunt before the rain started again, last time we had gotten out was Christmas day for a couple of hours. Saturday was chilly, and slightly foggy, it was so quiet and peaceful,
finds were slow at first, the usual garbage, Chug did fantastic on clad, almost $3.00! I found $1.97, which is great as I don't usually do well at this park, I still love going to it though, just because of how beautiful it is.
I did find this, not sure what it is, our most interesting encounter was this little guy,
he is a nutria, which is part of the muskrat family. we have been going to this park for 20 years, and this was the first one we have ever seen. It was so awesome, I wish my camera took better pictures, he was a cutie!Sunday morning we were able to get out in between showers, and omg are we happy we did. At first it was quiet, not finding many repeatable signals, I did find a penny, a large pipe and brick, which is still there, no way was I going to rip up grass and leave an ugly spot. I found this awesome spoon about a foot down!
if you look close, you can just see the curve of the spoon.
it must have taken me at least 10 or so minutes to get it out, I used my digger, fingers and pocket knife, I had to go slow so I didn't do any damage to it.
isn't it gorgeous? LOL My first one of the year. Chug got a absolutely beautiful canning lid with the metal still attached!
this one took him awhile, it was glass side up, all the others we have found were metal side up. Chug found what we think may be an old toy gun, this is all he could find.
it's pretty ornate, such a difference on how things were made then and now, we live in such a throw away world now, will things made now, last long enough for future detectorists find, say 50 years? Anyway, it looks pretty cool! I am so happy, I got to cross a another find off my bucket list!
this harmonica was deep, I had to go down slowly using my digger, and fingers again and my faithful knife. There were 2 medium size roots over it, and smaller ones as well, I managed to get most of it, including some of the wood that it was made of with the reeds. Omg what a rush, to be holding something that made music! I was digging for a good 15 minutes, it started raining, but I didn't want to stop! I covered buttercup up to protect her, and kept digging, I finally had to stop, too much rain!
we were both soaked, but it was well worth it, oh yeah, I knew there was something I was going to tell you. Chug decided to start the year with a find that made my jaw drop when I finally saw it. It took me a minute or so that I hadn't heard Chug's machine going off, in fact, he was being very quiet, hmmmm, lets go see. I should have taken a picture of him before he got up, he was hunched over with his hands cupped together, and I kid you not, he was saying "My precious, my beautiful precious!"
beautiful isn't it? We aren't sure what the stone is, it was about 4 inches down and his machine was freaking out every time he went over it, now, the big news, it isn't silver, nor is it white gold, oh no, Chug had to go and do it big, drum roll please.........PLATINUM!
Yep, he did it good, he finally got to join the platinum club! He was literally dancing and couldn't stop smiling, he tried it on, and immediately his finger felt warm with the ring on, only problem is now he can't get it off, it's too tight, it looks so gorgeous on his hand!





This is Chug's first platinum and he has been hunting for about 7 years, like Chug says, the stuff is there, waiting to be found, you just have to be patient. we have something else to celebrate, today and tomorrow will be my 2nd anniversary since my heart attacks! I was only 49, I also developed diabetes ketoacidosis which caused the heart attacks. I am so blessed, and thankful for another day!
Ok, now we need for Saturday to be sunny and a great day for hunting, why's that? Well, it's our 20th wedding anniversary!
Ok, Off to make dinner, thank you for reading my long post, I hope you enjoyed it. Take care, stay safe, and keep showing off your fabulous finds!
Red
Last edited:
Upvote
74









