After work hunt

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• afterwork.jpg
    afterwork.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 431
Upvote 0
by the look of those pulltabs its been awhile since folks have used that lot.

txkickergirl said:
by the look of those pulltabs its been awhile since folks have used that lot.
Believe it or not, they use the lot twice a year to sell fireworks (4th of July and new years eve). They just removed the tent a few days ago. The lot has some history to it. If I can pull myself away from beach hunting, maybe I can find some of the deeper stuff.

plehbah said:
That looks like the contents of my pockets tonight if you throw in a dozen screwcaps and an Indian Head penny.

You are on the path!

Is there any old glass in that area?
I didn't see any old glass, but there's probably some there. Maybe next time.

Light bulb ends? Man - something else I gotta add to my wish list. Haven't got any of those yet!

I'm envious of you down there by the water, and It will only get worse when it gets cold up here and the ground freezes!

I hope you grab some silver outta that lot next time. :)

As much as I hate finding pulltabs like that, it does give me hope that there are plenty of good finds in the area as long as my patience holds out. Tells you that it hasn't been hunted very well in many years.

Jim

kimsdad said:
Light bulb ends? Man - something else I gotta add to my wish list. Haven't got any of those yet!

I'm envious of you down there by the water, and It will only get worse when it gets cold up here and the ground freezes!

I hope you grab some silver outta that lot next time. :)
LOL The light bulb ends aren't as exciting as they sound. ;D That's alright, I envy you folks up north who find seated coins and large cents. Hopefully there is some silver there. That would be nice, in 8 years I've only found 2 war nickels.

time4me said:
As much as I hate finding pulltabs like that, it does give me hope that there are plenty of good finds in the area as long as my patience holds out. Tells you that it hasn't been hunted very well in many years.

Jim
I have the same attitude. What makes it worse is the easy digging at the beach has made me a little lazy when it comes to turf digging.

That clad adds up quick!!! Keep at it :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back