Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked online to try to find out what kind of lanceolate point this is. Made of Onondaga Chert, from the PA/NY border. About 2.75" long. Has small "flutes" or basal flakes removed. I had the tip restored. What do you think? IMG_2847.JPG

Upvote 0

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a Agate Basin. However, the base has a little Clovis characteristics. I think it would be a very early Agate Basin. That is a killer man!! Here's one from the North East as well. Your base is much better

Attachments

• 20210410_171240.jpg
    20210410_171240.jpg
    576.6 KB · Views: 28
Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. I thought it was very old. I don't sell points, just keep them or give them to my kids. I had a pro restore the tip. Makes a world of difference. Found on a bank overlooking the Susquehanna River.

Edgychris1

Mar 13, 2021
South East New England
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive never sold a point either. Ive posted them online to see what kind of value was there, however I've never gone through with a transaction. Turns out my sentimental value out weighs the items value. Makes for easy free and interesting gifts. My mother just recieved one last Sunday.

Last edited:
OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of my whole collection of everything was either donated to a couple museums, given to my kids or one particular friend.

Fat

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2020
Nebraska panhandle/NE Colorado
Detector(s) used
I took the battery out because I like my bacon crispy
Primary Interest:
Other
Most of my whole collection of everything was either donated to a couple museums, given to my kids or one particular friend.

....I want to see pics now more than ever please.... I want to see all the personally found artifacts I can possibly see.

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
What is this points cross section? Is it more lenticular or diamond in shape across the middle?

I cannot tell from the image, What type of flaking style would you say this point exhibits?

It looks more like a Sedalia to me.

Its a very nice point.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has the classic elliptical cross section. Not flat. Grinding on base is correct for Agate Basin. We do not have "Sedalia's" as a type in PA as far as I know.

Fat, look at my previous started threads to see most of my current or recently departed, har har har, collection.

11KBP

Oct 7, 2008
Central Great Plains
Nice find.
I am not familiar with your eastern point types but if that point was found in the western Great Plains region (location of the Agate Basin type site) it would not be typed as an Agate Basin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread