Age at time of death?

luckywolf13

May 9, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Note: This artifact (skull) was taken from it's original site almost a hundred years ago and offered to a museum, who declined it. I did not remove it, but I am very interested in it and am making sure it is better taken care of.
My question for you all, which I don't know if anyone will know the answer to, is how old do you think she was at time of death? The rest of her body was lost a long time ago, so I only have the skull plates to go on. Luckily, gender was established early on. Anyway, any ideas?
11195502_633207396781727_2070483416_n.jpg
11251453_633207406781726_1186845719_n.jpg

Upvote 0
DNA testing for origin.

I can't help with deciphering age, but I just watched a NOVA program where they extracted DNA from an undamaged tooth. If you're interested in origins, that would tell you. I have no idea what that kind of test would cost as it has to be done in a clean environ. Perhaps a local university would be interested? Perhaps a local tribe would be interested in working with a university for testing before deciding to claim it/rebury it as a Native American Indian?
Good luck.

How do we know it's not modern?!!!!

Remove this post before we get a bad rep.

Remove this post before we get a bad rep.

Why would TNet get a bad rep? We've done nothing but offer advice on doing the right thing. Reading the thread would show that we are only interested in doing the right thing. That's a good rep.....

Because I was brought here to see the skull from post on Facebook lol

There is nothing wrong with thread and it stays.

Most people aren't going to read into any of the information being posted they're just going to see the Native American artifacts forum posting human bones

Most people aren't going to read into any of the information being posted they're just going to see the Native American artifacts forum posting human bones

well that's just their bad move , when they have to say to someone
"oops ! I'm a moron" :laughing7:

Last edited:
Okie dokie that's an interesting attitude to have.. Seeing as though the Grim Reaper Trev and myself fall right into that.
It's not really the courteous and respectful attitude I've come to be used to from treasurenet in the past.
You're the boss.. I'm not trying to argue with you here I just thought that was a little harsh

Okie dokie that's an interesting attitude to have.. Seeing as though the Grim Reaper Trev and myself fall right into that.
It's not really the courteous and respectful attitude I've come to be used to from treasurenet in the past.
You're the boss.. I'm not trying to argue with you here I just thought that was a little harsh

I thought I was being Light Hearted Considering the Complaints .
Wasn't meant as an attack other then my personal opinion of Facebook,
land of Children, Peds & feds, pretending to be Children, Peds & Feds .

and the first paragraph of this thread says it all

Note: This artifact (skull) was taken from it's original site almost a hundred years ago and offered to a museum, who declined it. I did not remove it, but I am very interested in it and am making sure it is better taken care of.

sorry but I find it a bit odd to assume there is something illegal going on here :(

Last edited:

Good grief, it was a joke and wasn't direct at you or anyone here, it was directed at Facebook.

There are entire mummies on display at museums.

Last edited:
Well I have a Facebook account and obviously so does Trev..
So I'll just call it the land of me and Trev.

Well I have a Facebook account and obviously so does Trev..
So I'll just call it the land of me and Trev.
Call it what ever you want. I have one too and I'm not offended.

I reread your post again GB

If you meant you & Trev are "Most people" I do apologize. I never try to insult Tnet Members.
you should know that by now.
I don't know the entire member population of Facebook, to know if Most of them are Members here.
or if most Facebook members can only look at pics

Amen gatorboy.

If a thread that doesn't violate TN rules troubles members they have the option of ignoring the thread...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back