What's new

Age of Buttons

Bubba65

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2009
Messages
1,450
Reaction score
925
Golden Thread
1
Location
NY
🥇 Banner finds
1
Hi All,

I was having one of those ho hum hunts at a 1700's house and at the end I scored these 3 buttons to turn the hunt around. The cool thing is they are all the same buttons. I emailed Don and he thinks they are from sometime between 1790's and early 1800's. So if anyone else has any thoughts be great to hear. Thanks for looking.

Bubba65
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 205
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    17.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    17 KB · Views: 192
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    16.9 KB · Views: 299
  • 005.webp
    005.webp
    18.5 KB · Views: 300
  • 006.webp
    006.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 302
  • 007.webp
    007.webp
    13.7 KB · Views: 293
  • 009.webp
    009.webp
    19.3 KB · Views: 291
Brass one-piece buttons with a raised-letters backmark date from about the 1810s into the 1840s. The three you found are civilian "Fashion" buttons.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom