BamaBill
Hero Member
- Joined
- Nov 8, 2006
- Messages
- 686
- Reaction score
- 16
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- N. Alabama
- Detector(s) used
- Minelab X-terra 70, AT Pro, Tesoro Tejon, ML X-terra 50
- Primary Interest:
- Relic Hunting
- #1
Thread Owner
Is anyone having much luck hunting relics in Alabama these days? I've largely moved my efforts to Southern Tennessee due to the number of sites I've found destroyed by terra farming. Bulldozing land seems to have been a sport in this state during the last 50 years. And, if it hasn't been bulldozed its been hunted so hard its really not worth it. If anybody is having different luck please share or PM me.
Thanks,
Bill W.
Thanks,
Bill W.
I've got lucky a couple of times and stumbled upon a site or two with some pretty good keepers, but for the most part I seem to always be hunting about 30 years behind the last hunters.
This past weekend I hunted not too far from Battleground. I was sooo excited to have permission to hunt there. Couldn't wait to see what I may dig up. Was told that the old homesite was from the 1800's. Got there, hunted for four hours and found a bunch of pennies from the late 60's, one tax token and tons of pull tabs. :P I thought...what is going on!!!!?? I should be finding all kinds of goodies...at least a reed or two? Overall button, maybe? I went out into the pasture and was finding pull tabs at 6, 7, 8 inches?
The owner drives up that afternoon and I ask if the place had back fill, maybe? He says, 'No...I don't think so?" Then he says, " AHH...yes it does. I remember in the 60's we hauled probably a foot of dirt around there. And we had the bulldozer out there in the pasture too."
Good luck!






