What's new

Albuquerque or Sante Fe ?

TheNewCatfish

Sr. Member
Joined
Mar 4, 2011
Messages
344
Reaction score
125
Golden Thread
0
Is there anywhere near Albuquerque or Sante Fe to pan for gold ? Do you know of the name and location of a creek or canyon in the area where gold has been found ?
 
Try the Pecos River above Terrero. Understand there were some old mines and tailings where some color has been found. Even tho it's in the Santa Fe National Forest, there is alot of "private property" so check first and ask permission where needed.
 
SE of Santa FE in the Ortez mountains, there is a working gold mine, but I've heard that you need to careful cause they might shoot at you, or so I been told :dontknow:
 
I believe the Ortiz Mtns are SW of Santa Fe, near Golden and Madrid. Just my 2 cents.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom