What's new

Alittle help for a starter?

jdsarasin8194

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 27, 2009
Messages
1,160
Reaction score
5
Golden Thread
0
Location
MA
I've always like looking for cool looking rocks as a kid and I would just like to know how I would go about looking for fossils, techniques and other things like that. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
And advise would be appriciated.
 
jdsarasin8194 said:
I've always like looking for cool looking rocks as a kid and I would just like to know how I would go about looking for fossils, techniques and other things like that. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
And advise would be appriciated.
Contact your state's geological survey. There may be a guide to the geology and fossils of your state available at a nominal cost. Don't ignore the surveys of neighboring states either.
 
Harry Pristis said:
jdsarasin8194 said:
I've always like looking for cool looking rocks as a kid and I would just like to know how I would go about looking for fossils, techniques and other things like that. :icon_scratch: :dontknow:
And advise would be appriciated.
Contact your state's geological survey. There may be a guide to the geology and fossils of your state available at a nominal cost. Don't ignore the surveys of neighboring states either.
what should I ask for when I contact them?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom