ALL 2009 penny boxes sold And the verdict.....

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
Made a killing
i will never look at a penny the same way again.
id like to thank n_sandler4 for helping me realize what i had Thanks paul. Grand total was 30 boxes $9,629.46. I sold most of the boxes for much lower than i could have i didnt want to be greedy. I have a few more rolls for anyone who wants one. Just let me know. I have about 6 rolls left from the box i pulled for you guys.
Keith

LOL jason is right. I need to thnk him. If it wasnt for him i wouldnt have had the nuts thought of ordering 24 boxes.
Thanks SHAke

Upvote 0

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AMAZING. I wish I had the cash to do the same. :thumbsup:

zmemarine

Feb 6, 2008
Now go spend all that money on pennies and maybe you'll get that elusive Indian Head Penny. :D

Semper Fi

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
zmemarine said:
Now go spend all that money on pennies and maybe you'll get that elusive Indian Head Penny. :D

Semper Fi

lol your not kidding
first thing im doing when all the shipping and money stuff is over, is ordering the 24 boxes again to do what i was hoping to. GET the IH.

OP
OP
ugotit22

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
HolyDiver said:
AMAZING. I wish I had the cash to do the same. :thumbsup:

it wasnt that much. The boxes costed alittle more then the half box

nyiangelo

Feb 19, 2007
The Lone Star State
Detector(s) used
ace 250/ Minelab SE Pro
I bet that merc magnet really likes you now....... But man, what in the world are people thinking. I'm sorry but I think paying that much for one of those boxes, that you can get for $25 at the bank in time, is the STUPIDIST thing I've ever seen. What are people thinking......

timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats crazy Man!!!! good work though

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
nyiangelo said:
I bet that merc magnet really likes you now....... But man, what in the world are people thinking. I'm sorry but I think paying that much for one of those boxes, that you can get for $25 at the bank in time, is the STUPIDIST thing I've ever seen. What are people thinking......

I gotta say I absolutly agree.

Insanity.

Mojo

Silver Stripe

Bronze Member
Jul 8, 2007
USA
Good to hear of someone making a big strike, thas better than getting a solid 90% half box. Congrats, HH Mark

Jimmy@romega

Dec 4, 2008
rome, ga
All I got to say is HOLY %@$# that is got to be the easiest $9,000+ every made. Im going to give this a shot with the next penny design coming out.

Seagates

Feb 7, 2009
Jimmy@romega said:
All I got to say is HOLY %@$# that is got to be the easiest $9,000+ every made. Im going to give this a shot with the next penny design coming out.

After Feebay fees and paypal fees he probably profited 8,000 :-\ Still though thats quite a chunk. But damn how do i go about talking the bank into ordering me 24 boxes without any fees, any time i ask for more than 1 or 2 boxes they drop the fee bomb on me.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
ugotti did you find any of the new lincolns for 2009 yet if so i would be interested in some xtras

phrostie

Dec 3, 2008
Nap Town
Well if you told her how much you made, she is going to expect at least that much in a ring. That's how women think, it's a zero sum game.

Awesome job, good money, and go get your Indian Head already.

XX

Jan 11, 2008
Just so everyone knows, this performance is not necessarily repeatable.

The reason the price is even at a premium is because it's April, and you stilll can't find these
in most banks, despite production having started last year.

Primarily you couldn't find these in new banks because the Fed and Mint were still trying to
push out an overproduction of 2008 pennies.

People were getting impatient for these pennies.

Come the second issue for this year, if they hit the banks much closer to their release date,
you probably won't see a run up in price like this. More likely you'll see the slight premium
generated by the rural areas that rarely get new coins under normal circumstances.

If the second issue has a three month delay too, then you might see a similar runup again.

Another factor right now is that the mint is out of these pennies on their website too. After this,
I'm sure they are working on getting bags of pennies listed in addition to rolls.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
ugotit22 said:
Made a killing
i will never look at a penny the same way again.
id like to thank n_sandler4 for helping me realize what i had Thanks paul.
Keith

:-[ You hurt my feelings, you ordered those boxes because of me and I didnt even get a thanks!!! :tongue3: :tongue3: :tongue3:

JUST KIDDING! that is a hell of a score. GREAT Job.

Jason

P.S. I will take those boxes and profits over my 2 Flying Eagles, and 10 Indian Heads any day!!!

Now go get your Indian Heads they are waiting.

alabamadan

May 2, 2005
Dixie
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Man I'm happy for you. You're in college right? This was a great opportunity for you to put some money in the bank or have available for CRH! ;D

XX

Jan 11, 2008
I just realized that for all my typing, I forgot to congratulate OP.

Awesome score that was flawlessly played.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread