All marked coins....

placerman

Oct 11, 2005
I just finished two boxes from my "honey hole" bank. I call it that because while I have never found a "dream box" I am almost never skunked and I have had several (around a dozen I guess) boxes that averaged 2.5 to 3% silver.

Anyway the first box was a skunk which in itself is very rare for this bank but what got my goat was the number of freshly marked coins. At least 95% of them were marked exactly the same way.

Without going into detail whoever did this was a genius. The way they are marked means the marks will be worn away very quickly and judging by the freshness, they were very recently marked.

I picked several of them up after dropping them in my bucket and just dropping them once knocked about 20% of the marking off. I would bet that two or three weeks they wont even have the marks on them anymore.

What better way to tell how fast your stock was circulating than this?

The second box had a very few marked the same way but I could tell they had been marked at least a few weeks ago. If I hadn't been looking I might not even have noticed the marks as they were very light.

I found 7 40%ers in the second box.

Upvote 0

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Actually, the only thing marking of any kind does is show you that you got your coins back.

What it does not tell you is how many other CRHers' hands the coins went through before they got back to you.

You might get them back in three months after you dumped them, but that does not mean they sat on a pallet for three months. They could have been bought and dumped a dozen times in between.

So other than to show that you did get your coins back eventually, marking is worthless.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread