All that glitters is not gold...but it sure is pretty!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to the large trashy field I like to hunt, there was an event held there last week, so I went to see what I could find.
The usual clad started showing up, some new drops were right on the surface :icon_thumright:.
A search at the swings produces a dolphin charm (not silver) but cool, and a Calvin Klein thingy, which read "dime", but I doubt it's silver either :icon_scratch:

Shared the shady bench and a little conversation with a lady who was there doing exercises. Wanting to stay in the shade I circled the large tree and got an 81, dime signal! I was hoping for silver...the rim looked a little too thick for a dime :icon_scratch: As I pull it out of the hole some of the dirt falls off and there's a large hole in the middle! :dontknow: More dirt falls off and there's 3 large bumps on the bottom, as I turn it around it the bumpy things are huge and glittering brightly! There was 15 seconds of stunned silence were the birds didn't even chirp!

Me being me, I shoved it in my goody pouch thinking, " Nope! Not falling for it, the detector said dime, maybe silver but it's not gold", and I kept detecting.
It is a lovely looker!!! The 3 large very sparkly stones are not diamonds, the ring is marked 925 RP, I will silver test it any how.
I had more trash not shown.
Here's the beauty! image.jpg . image.jpg

Upvote 21
OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sutphin- thank you for that rhyme! I was stunned to see it in my hand for sure! As long as people keep losing their sheep I will gladly herd and collect them, for safe keeping.

WADIFIND- Should I be afraid? I think the ring find may have torn the fabric of the universe or something...all my icons have just rearranged themselves and are not in their normal spots, as of my last post... Ooops! Sorry guys for what ever I have done! :dontknow:
Ok....now they are back to normal :icon_scratch:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WADIFIND- Should I be afraid? I think the ring find may have torn the fabric of the universe or something...all my icons have just rearranged themselves and are not in their normal spots, as of my last post... Ooops! Sorry guys for what ever I have done! :dontknow:
Ok....now they are back to normal :icon_scratch:

Just a sign MBB, just a sign. Every now and then HE has to give us a kick in the pants. ;)

Can't wait to see what you uncover next week. :)

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Uh...do you think I'll need a shovel, or an Ark? :laughing7:

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Those are some big honkin' stones Msbeep!
Wear it on your finger proudly and only you will know :)

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great find my friend!! I would've had a heart attack right along with you if I popped that beauty out of the ground. You're slowly and surely getting closer and closer to a honker of a gold ring. Good luck always to you!

-- Jeff --

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Great finds girl, I'm so happy for you.

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Like the Silver, I find one of those I know there is a good chance there is the real deal in there some where, it's something to make me work harder and squeeze a few more minutes out of this old body on the beach.

46Wheat

Silver Member
May 23, 2014
Upstate NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac / Equinox 800 / 8.5x11 DD and 5x8 DD coil /
Garrett ProPointer / Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ring and the clad is never a bad thing

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol know how you feel. Still nice ring and nice finds. HH

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RobRieman - Thank you! The size of the stones was a shock, I wasn't 't sure what the lumps were till I turned the ring
over. I wear very little jewelry thugs in this city can't tell the difference between real and fake.

Jeffinmass- Thanks! Those first 15 seconds were awesome, till I remembered the M6 had read "dime", gold would be foil.
I am ever hopeful, because I know what's out there.

Treb- Thank you it means a lot!

OBN- Thanks! I know there's more in the water, but there has to be at lest one gold ring in this field....and I will find it.

Quindy- thank you! Even another musket ball would be awesome! You know how sometimes you can just feel there's
good stuff there, it's there!

46 Wheat- Thanks! Yep! That clad sure adds up! If hubby knew how much, he'd faint! Shhhhh!

Diggin Dude- Thanks! I am really happy it's at lest 925! I have those first 15 seconds on "rerun". Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread