Oct 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comments or advice? ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1452551320.982417.jpg

PurpleGold

Apr 17, 2015
Superior, Colorado
Detector(s) used
30" Sniper Bazooka Gold Trap, X-Stream Hybrid Pro hand dredge, Royal Manufacturing 54" Powered Stream Sluice, Pans of all different sizes and shapes
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It looks like a fun tool to have for fines clean up. It looks like it would function like a miller table just a bit beefier. I'd take one if I was given one but I've been spending so much on new prospecting toys lately that I need to stop it.

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
finishing table....not much of a sluice

Rockwerx

May 31, 2015
Alberta
Detector(s) used
2 ATG, ATP, JOBE 36 Yellow Jacket Stream Sluice, Jobe EZ Sluice, Garrett pans, lots of buckets!
Primary Interest:
Other
It looks like a fun tool to have for fines clean up. It looks like it would function like a miller table just a bit beefier. I'd take one if I was given one but I've been spending so much on new prospecting toys lately that I need to stop it.

Yes it is a clean up sluice. Still need a Miller table IMO.

Tonto

Oct 14, 2008
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab: XT70, XT17000, Sov XS w/S-1 probe
Tesoro: Lobo ST, Toltec II
Whites 4900, Eagle II SL 90, Spectrum XLT
Falcon MD 20, Whites GMT, TDI Pro, Vibraprobe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem I see with it is the water slows down as it moves, which allows the riffles to fill with black sands and clay, and allows the fines to wash out. If you increase the water flow enough to alleviate the loading of the riffles, the higher water pressure washes the fines out as well. I think it's a nice concept, but I'm not sure it will work all that efficiently. Waterflow is key to the efficiency of a sluice.

Rockwerx

May 31, 2015
Alberta
Detector(s) used
2 ATG, ATP, JOBE 36 Yellow Jacket Stream Sluice, Jobe EZ Sluice, Garrett pans, lots of buckets!
Primary Interest:
Other
Yesterday I ran some cons through our unit for about an hour. Mine has slightly different matting than the one in the pic but is from the same company. Ours has aluminum grooves at the top and the rest is v-groove mat.

The kit came with a template to set the sluice into a bucket for a recirculating setup. I have few sets of holes drilled which gives me a 1,2 or 3 degree drop to choose from. I ran our cons at a 2 degree drop. It took me just over an hour to remove the lighter materials out of my cons (about two quarts).

I carefully sprinkled about a tablespoon of classified material slowly back and forth while watching the material as it started to load the riffles. For yesterday's run, I stoppped loading the sluice well before any black sands got to the end of the sluice. I used a Gold Guzzler to pick up any obvious gold. Then I carefully picked up the sluice and let the water wash everything from the riffles into another clean bucket to retrieve any possible gold later.

I usually try to use Doc's pan tapping method to help coax any fines from these cons. The gold is extremely fine which makes it very difficult to separate from the black sands. The black sands that are in this run are not magnetic as I use super magnets to remove as much black sand as possible early in the process.

Today I plan on checking the tailings from the recirculation bucket for any gold. There is mostly blonde sands with some fine silt by the looks of it (only a couple of cups). Most of the gold we get around here is sub 100 mesh so I try and do everything I can to secure it.

I have been reading on this forum for many months and am still learning a lot but will try and answer any questions to the best of my knowledge.

motohed

Dec 27, 2015
RI
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS , AND OLDER GARRETT'S
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think at best this is a fine gold clean up sluice , in my opinion , I would go for a miller table , over this as you will get much finer gold on the tabler verses this unit . JMHO

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread