Almost but not quite

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I went to my private ball park this morning and almost found my goal of 4 quarters but not quite. I had 3 and was about to leave and got a real nice hit. Pulled the coin out of the ground and thought YES! But on closer inspection found that it was a token and not a quarter.

MoneynJunk020909.jpg

I found a strange lump and couldn't figure out what it was. I showed my husband and he didn't know either. Then I threw it in with the coins to rinse them off and BINGO! I knew what it was. It is a little pencil sharpener that kids carry with their school things.

PencilSharpener020909.jpg

I thought I had eyeballed another neat find. It really sparkled in the morning sun, but as I got closer I realized it was not a silver necklace but just a large rubber band. BUMMER!

Rubberband020909.jpg

Here is the token.

Token020909.jpg

I got a lot of hits this morning and it made up a little bit (NOTE - I said a LITTLE bit) for yesterday's fiasco. I still haven't heard from Fishers yet.

Well all in all my total clad for this morning was $1.38. I'll take it! :wink:

Upvote 0
I have spent 10 hours over 3 days hunting my current site and only found one quarter, one dime, 3 nickles, and about 10 pennies. You are more than welcome to come hunt with me tomorrow :)

Tokens are one of my favorite finds! HH, Mike

At least the eagle on the token 'looks' old!!!!
Clad is still money...Happy hunting!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back