Almost didnt even want to go yesterday it was so HOTTTT!!!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey guys no huge story here, super hot, only knocked on 3 doors, got 1 yes, hit it for 35 minutes and found the stuff you see here, Ill admit I was cherry picking because it was a super irony site and it was just too darn hot out to be digging everything. I think I lost 453 gallons of sweat, thanks for looking and hh!! 20150818_074543.jpg 20150818_075135.jpg 20150818_075144.jpg 20150818_075150.jpg 20150818_075201.jpg 20150818_075238.jpg

Upvote 15

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would be more than happy with that hunt! Cool medal, love those old Lesney/Matchbox cars and "before there was triple A, there was KDA", what kind of date can you get for that emblem?

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Congrats!
Drink water!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Not bad. At least you got out despite the heat. I've been too busy and/or hot . After the next good rain lets go to my 1670 spot. It always produces

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging the Watkins Glen NY art deco souvenir pendant/fob! Sub 8-)

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Digging the Watkins Glen NY art deco souvenir pendant/fob! Sub 8-)
thanks sub, I cant seem to find it online anywhere to get a date

Not bad. At least you got out despite the heat. I've been too busy and/or hot . After the next good rain lets go to my 1670 spot. It always produces
thanks steve, you know im game!, lemme know when!!

I would be more than happy with that hunt! Cool medal, love those old Lesney/Matchbox cars and "before there was triple A, there was KDA", what kind of date can you get for that emblem?
I cant find the KDA plate anywhere online, I have no idea how old it is. On the back it says "LF Grammes INC"

Cool medal and I like the Detective Agency medallion
Nice hunt
thanks, im sure theres more there, just too darn hot to investigate

Nice finds! Congrats!
Drink water!
Thanks MS, it was so hot, not worth the door knocking in my opinion lol

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have that habit that needs scratchin' now and again. But, I've learned that if I truly ain't in the mood, I'm MUCH better off waiting until I am. If I push it and go anyway, I just start into the bad habits, skipping targets, cherry picking, not replacing plugs as well as normal AND, I'm much more likely to not pay attention. I've speared a few nice silver coins just cuz I wasn't really feeling like digging & dug anyway.

Looks like you did well enough. I went out today, same sort of thing it was just so hot! I got my typical 2 bucks or so in clad but nothing else, so, a successful hunt. :) But, toward the end, all the bad habits started showing up and I called it quits. Didn't feel like spearing that colonial silver coin I was gonna find. ;)

Way to go!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
You did good for the short hunt...And very true it was Hot...

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the car! Never heard of KDA and when you google it, it comes up as a German agency. Weird.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We all have that habit that needs scratchin' now and again. But, I've learned that if I truly ain't in the mood, I'm MUCH better off waiting until I am. If I push it and go anyway, I just start into the bad habits, skipping targets, cherry picking, not replacing plugs as well as normal AND, I'm much more likely to not pay attention. I've speared a few nice silver coins just cuz I wasn't really feeling like digging & dug anyway.

Looks like you did well enough. I went out today, same sort of thing it was just so hot! I got my typical 2 bucks or so in clad but nothing else, so, a successful hunt. :) But, toward the end, all the bad habits started showing up and I called it quits. Didn't feel like spearing that colonial silver coin I was gonna find. ;)

Way to go!
thanks gary, heck I even found myself hesitating to get out of the ac in the car to knock on doors lol

You did good for the short hunt...And very true it was Hot...
thanks, not what I normally get excited about, but not a total loss

I like the car! Never heard of KDA and when you google it, it comes up as a German agency. Weird.
thanks dave, it's wierd, I can't find a thing about it anywhere

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a lot of water you lost. :tongue3: At least you got out and swung the coil today. That's a cool little placard. :thumbsup:

If I get permission, I always hit it in a grid, that normally runs parallel to the sidewalk. I have had some time limited hunts where I gridded the front lot by the driveway (the grass between the front porch and the driveway) and then due to running out of time I wandered the rest of the property in cherry picking mode.

OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a lot of water you lost. :tongue3: At least you got out and swung the coil today. That's a cool little placard. :thumbsup:

If I get permission, I always hit it in a grid, that normally runs parallel to the sidewalk. I have had some time limited hunts where I gridded the front lot by the driveway (the grass between the front porch and the driveway) and then due to running out of time I wandered the rest of the property in cherry picking mode.
oh im normally a gridding maniac, I run parallel and perpendicular also, I try to literally "paint" the lawn with my coil, just too stinking hot out to make any rational movements lol

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
455 IS WHAT IT FELT OUTSIDE YESTERDAY . NICE 48 JAGUAR . LOVE FINDIN THE OLE CARS. EVEN THOUGH YOU BURNT UP YOU . YOU STILL FOUND SOME NEAT ONES.

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water is not hot.
Nice finds bud, I like the Watkins Glen Arab thing.

hbeaton

Jun 4, 2005
Virginia Beach, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Found another example of the Watkins Glen Blue White Pennant...this etsy listing had it affixed as part of a brooch that was then described as "Early 1900s". It appears one of two things happened 1.) Someone took the pennant put it on something older (or looks older) and called the collective thing: old. 2.) Someone took the same item you have which is a medal/token/fob and affixed the same type of charm or pin to it. I'm assuming you found the Indian Head girl token/medal with the white blue Watkins Glen pennant attached to it? Even if separate, my guess on origin is the same.

My guess honestly is the shape of the pennant suggests one of two things: 1.) It has to do with Watkins glen racing (its infancy is in 1948) 2.) May have something to do with Yachting and could be a burgee of a local yacht club for someone yachting on the Finger Lakes (I checked the Watkins Glen Yacht Club and it didnt match but this could be someone's personal burgee that belonged to the club). A continuous Watkins Glen Yacht Club has been around since 1939, though its possible it had earlier origins.

So we have probably an item from the 1930s-1940s or I'm wrong on all counts and its older, maybe around 1900.

Here's the brooch item:

il_170x135.504420237_aiql.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cjon455

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another example of the Watkins Glen Blue White Pennant...this etsy listing had it affixed as part of a brooch that was then described as "Early 1900s". It appears one of two things happened 1.) Someone took the pennant put it on something older (or looks older) and called the collective thing: old. 2.) Someone took the same item you have which is a medal/token/fob and affixed the same type of charm or pin to it. I'm assuming you found the Indian Head girl token/medal with the white blue Watkins Glen pennant attached to it? Even if separate, my guess on origin is the same.

My guess honestly is the shape of the pennant suggests one of two things: 1.) It has to do with Watkins glen racing (its infancy is in 1948) 2.) May have something to do with Yachting and could be a burgee of a local yacht club for someone yachting on the Finger Lakes (I checked the Watkins Glen Yacht Club and it didnt match but this could be someone's personal burgee that belonged to the club). A continuous Watkins Glen Yacht Club has been around since 1939, though its possible it had earlier origins.

So we have probably an item from the 1930s-1940s or I'm wrong on all counts and its older, maybe around 1900.

Here's the brooch item:

il_170x135.504420237_aiql.jpg
Wow, thanks for all the research you did on this, I too thought the wite and blue flag was affixed over the original pendant but cant be sure, either way its pretty neat, thanks again!

Water is not hot.
Nice finds bud, I like the Watkins Glen Arab thing.
lol thanks brad, I don't have my water machine anymore, im gonna get a new atpro probly this winter, I feel like this is me from this hunt: there_there_at_least_you_tried_12120.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread