What's new

Almost got skunked today

rock

Gold Member
Joined
Aug 25, 2012
Messages
14,751
Reaction score
8,933
Golden Thread
0
Location
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found some flakes and brokes then I saw this on the last spot. I found some small pieces of pottery but left them I already had those designs. This is a new one for me so its going in a frame. I believe the "Hole" in the middle probably is here a handle use to be. It would of been a big pot.
 

Attachments

  • SDC11426.webp
    SDC11426.webp
    454.8 KB · Views: 174
Upvote 0
Thanks Peaches for looking. I have tried GA and ALA so far with no luck. You know that might of been a skunk in the grass the other day instead of a snake. I bet Tomato juice is high now so don't get sprayed, hehe
 
Nice piece! That's a little bigger than my biggest. Would love to find a whole one someday.
 
Very nice pottery piece! :icon_thumright:
 
The funny thing is my friend came by today and said he has 2 pieces that he thinks will fit to the one I found. I told him mine was flat and he said his is flat also. Kinda strange they are flat isn't it? Is there any other type of pottery artifact that was made flat is my question to anyone who might know? I was guessing a pot but it has no curve to it like all of the other pottery shards I have found in the past and most here know I have found many pieces.
 
Maybe you have found part of a plate rather than a pot ?

I was thinking the same thing seeing it doesn't have a curve to it. I went and looked at my friends pottery today and he doesn't have a match but did have a plate made from pottery. His is plain with no decoration on it but it was thicker and very round perfect in shape. He is a Lucky Guy.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom