ALOT more from the cash register!!!

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
This is the total take from working for 3 months at the ABC store.? 59 coins of worth for approximately 60 days of work! Not bad, also I have a whole roll of nickels from the 40's and 50's, and several other old nickels...no silver ones of course..but the ones in the picture are the only ones I really count.? The quarter and one of the dimes were found by my Bosses and given to me.

All the Kennedy's in the pic are silver or silver clad. I got the whole roll of Kennedy halfs in one take (all the ones on the outside edge of the picture) I told that story in another post.? And the other day some old guy came in and paid me with 2 paper dollars and a silver '64 half, and seven silver Rosies.? "I'm going to pay you in silver." he said, as I gaped at the handfull of change he pulled out of his pocket. "You don't see much of this anymore."? There was more in his pocket, and I was so suprised, I forgot to offer to take it off his hands, as I did with the lady who had the roll of Kennedy halfs!?

The pennies range from 37' on up.? Three of the Kennedy 1/2's are 64's, the rest are 65-69.? Please look at the 69 K 1/2 second row, second from the left.? It is near mint.? The 6th and 7th from the same row are 64's (nearly pure sivler) they are also in great shape!? The final 64 is the tarnished one at the bottom, the other side of it looks great!!? The Buffalo is from 37 I think, you can just barely read the date.

Upvote 0

el_detecto

Tenderfoot
Jun 12, 2004
Hmmm, let's see now.? Working in air conditioned space, no ticks, fleas, or mosquitos, you didn't have to drive anywhere, didn't have to swing a detector, AND they are paying you while you collect this stuff!!? Kinda takes all the fun out of it, right?? ?;)? (Nice deal!)

BRD

Mar 26, 2004
Outstanding!
As the old saying goes, "Treasure is where you find it".
You've done an excellent job of finding treasure.
Congratulations,
BRD

OP
OP
MDnoob

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Another addition to this story.? I nearly got a mercury dime the other night!!? Some girl bought some booze and was giving me change.? I saw that she had a merc in her hand, but didn't give it to me....? The change was .60 I belive, and her friend paid it.? I said "if you give me fifteen cents more I can give you 3 quarters!"? (in hopes that she would give me the dime)? Instead, she gave me 15 cents in pennies.? Sigh.

Oh well, maybe next time...

BTW, I have been working at the ABC store for almost a year now.? You can add to that picture one more silver dimes, many, many, many more wheat pennies, and a 45 P war nickel. Also another buffalo and one more silver quarter which were found by co-workers and given to me.? Oh yeah, also a silver certificate and a dollar with no serial #'s.

C

Carl in CO

ABC is a liquor store? What is the deal? Do the alcoholics break into relatives' coin collections?

OP
OP
MDnoob

MDnoob

Apr 23, 2003
Alcoholic Beverage Control.

VA is one of the "control states" where the sale of spirits is restricted to state run stores. Beer, wine, wine coolers etc can be bought anywhere, but the hard stuff...

I have just been lucky I guess...most people just don't look at coins.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Carl in CO is right though, as long as they can get the alcohol they don't care about the value of the cost. It's sad what some people will do for their habit. But MDnoob don't let that keep u from adding to your collection. More coins to you.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey if they'll throw the better coinage your way, take it! Great job!

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Silver is Silver, Great finds,? ?;D
My ol' Lady works as a cashier also and she puts the skunk on me most everyday...
I told her that would be great, get to coin-shoot all day and get paid for it...
As I always said as a kid, " Hey if you don't want that, I'll take it! "? ::)

P.S.> Anyone else seeing words underlined in the post, what's up with that?
At first I thought maybe they were going to start showing words that the spell checker corrected, wouldn't that be great, but I noticed it did the same thing to this post, hmmm... ???

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't see any lines , must be at your end. ANYONE ELSE SEE THEM ?

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
It probably is Jeff, Thanks
I just changed over to Road-Runner and using a different browser.
It don't make any since, there doesn't seem to be any kind of pattern to it, just some of the worda are underlined in yellow?
Beats me...

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Not any on this end but my friend has some pop up on hs laptop-wonder if it's some kind of spyware, cause wwhen I'd use his the words like gold, ring,coin, diamond, etc. was underlined in yellow. just a thought.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Nope, not seeing any lines here either but there is a ringing in my ear... Nope! That's the phone.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread