What's new

Alternative e trac charger

Cherza

Jr. Member
Joined
Feb 11, 2017
Messages
26
Reaction score
32
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett seahunter mk2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey guys unfortunately the charger I got with my used e trec I just brought isn't the right one.
I have rigged up this with my remote control car charger does anyone have a better idea to hook it up?
I don't have the correct plug to go in the charger
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    394.1 KB · Views: 100
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    351.9 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
How about just getting the correct one? They're not all that expensive new on E-bay. You might even find a good used one.
 
Unless you have the volt and amp specifications for the original, you are only guessing if this is right. If you are wrong there are 2 possible outcomes. 1 - you are always undercharged (not the worst outcome) or 2 - you are overcharging and will destroy the battery.
 
Ok thanks guys Will check out ebay
 
Agree 100% with Jason in Enid. My ETRAC NiMH rechargeable battery pack (9.6 volts / 1600 mAh) uses a charger that puts out 15 Volts DC @ 100 mA.
 
Thanks guys the charger is designed for NiMH battery packs up to 10 cells so I thought I thought it would of been perfect
Sam
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom