What's new

Aluminum cans, pull tabs so many

Jollyrodger1

Full Member
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
132
Reaction score
137
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like many of you if only a detector can do something to eliminate the aluminum it reads as good target a lot. Nothing perfect but just think of the time it would save,it’s important to remove from ground trash. No expert in the field of metals but would that be real hard to configure in the manufacturing of the computer or processor. Heck I don’t mind digging iron thats relic stuff, ok thanks
 
the trash is a challenge ,If relic hunting was as easy as picking up sticks in the yard I'd loose interest fast. if there was a way discriminate out the aluminum it would be on the market already .I Don't expect to ever see that feature .
no need to make it easy or everybody and their brother will be detecting..
 
In the 60's, they sold X-Ray Glasses called "X Ray Specs". If you can find a pair of these, that might help. Otherwise, you're out of luck just like the rest of us!

x ray specs.webp
 
I want a detector that only beeps on silver and gold. Gary
 
I don't want to cancel my free exercise plan ! If a detector only beeped on gold and silver, I would have to join a health club to make up for all the lost exercise I get by digging the trash.
 
I want a detector that only beeps on silver and gold. Gary

I'd have to carry an old silver spoon with me to make sure the machine was working.
There is next to NO silver in these woods. really next to no coins at all.
 
Well for some reason other than slobs who trashed the ground for centuries, much more trash in ground than what we call coins and relics, it’s the aluminum , pull tabs so dam much , I can deal with other stuff but man we obliterated the ground. Shameful
 
I really do not see many actual pull tabs any more. It's those pop tops. Why do those idiots rip them off the can??
 
I want on that gets Civil War relics and gold only. Right.
 
On tin cans you can use a long thin screw driver about 12-18" in length. Several probes will reveal a tin can by feel and size. You may want to use a grinder to round the tip so it is less likely to damage a coin.
 
Wait untill you hunt a drained lake with a sandbar that was a fave not only to swimmers, but to the boater that would shred their aluminum props on said sandbar.
 
Oh yeah experience that few months ago, dam cans, much glass, dump, only can see when the dam water is way low
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom