Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ-21, Minelab Equinix 800, ,Garret AT Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been finding pieces of these off and on for a long time. I have never had a clue what they were. These are from a recent hunt and are made of aluminum. I have only found them at scout camp aquatics areas. The disk is the most complete one I have found and is 8” in diameter. The shaft portion is 1” in diameter and has a hole for a pin or rivet to hold it on to something. This shaft does not fit with any of the disk part displayed. My best guess is part of a boat, but normally at camp they only use row boats and canoes and I do not recognize these as parts of either one.

D21572E3-FCBA-4829-BFCF-54DD8FC8B26D.jpeg C3EEA200-1E03-4FF7-AA6D-496ADDEF1BAD.jpeg

The disk on the left displays one side and the 2 parts on the right show the flip side. I can see no markings on any of the pieces.

8B8133A6-D11A-4C53-A9C3-4657418E37DF.jpeg 4269DCA2-8E55-4376-8967-17900723171B.jpeg

Any help you can give would be appreciated. Thanks for looking, stay safe and keep swingin.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
They look like drain plugs for the rowboats. :coffee2:

Upvote 0

terrafirma

Sep 9, 2020
new england
Detector(s) used
SE PRO, Safari, Excalibur II, Garrett gold scorpion, Whites PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the ends/ connectors from strings of swimming lane/swimming area boundry floats?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately none of the suggestions matches what I have. There are no swim lanes or markers and no lines to put on a spool. The dock serves as the area dividers. Thanks, stay safe and keep swingin.

Upvote 0

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the replies. Unfortunately none of the suggestions matches what I have. There are no swim lanes or markers and no lines to put on a spool. The dock serves as the area dividers. Thanks, stay safe and keep swingin.

You are free to draw your own conclusions.

rope spool.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the input everyone. I think cudamark got it right in my post of finds in Today’s Finds. Here is his post and my reply. Stay safe and keep swingin.

Your mystery round plate looks a bit like a base for a canopy frame leg.

At first I thought you were wrong, but the more I think about it that is a real possibility. My biggest problem with the idea is that parts were found in 4 feet of water. How would they get there and I can’t find anything like them when I do an online search. Thanks for your input, stay safe and keep swingin.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is 100% right. It also explains why it was in the water and every scout camp near a lake would have had rope reels for the swimming area boundaries.

Sorry guys but I don’t believe you are correct. I have been involved in scouting since 1957 as a youth and an adult. I have attended a number of scout camps and NONE of them have used rope reels for boundaries. They all used an H dock, either permanent or floating as boundaries. And if a divider was needed it was fastend to the dock with a clip and not on a reel. Also the reel you show has tabs going trough the outer disk to hold a hollow core for the rope to be wound on. My disk has a single post with a hole trough it. The end of the post is a clean finished end, not broken off so there is no way to attach the other half. Thanks for your reply, stay safe and keep.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
tnt-hunter

tnt-hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 20, 2018
Mountain Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the answer at camp

I was wandering around camp and come to an area I had not been in before. I found a section of aluminum dock that used these pieces as feet to keep the support poles from sinking into the lake bed. I have been finding pieces of these that must have broken when the dock was removed each year before the lake froze.

Thanks to everyone for their input and efforts to help identify these objects.

C0A5F653-AA25-46AA-850A-F149E8B9A060.jpg D95555F3-6B89-45AE-9EDA-8C682499FEC4.jpg

Stay safe and keep swingin.

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions