What's new

ALWAYS! Check your trash. STERLING

Carolina Relic Hunter

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
231
Reaction score
1,813
Golden Thread
1
Location
Rock Hill, SC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & 900, Nokta Pulsedive, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a long day of hunting I was sifting through my trash for missed treasure as I always do and found Silver!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5239.webp
    IMG_5239.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 133
  • IMG_5240.webp
    IMG_5240.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 104
Upvote 20
Yes, it's always a good idea not to be in a rush to throw your trash away.
I keep a plastic coffee can in my detecting box.
Dump it out on my work bench after a few hunts and take a real close look at everything before throwing anything away.

It's also a good idea to separate all your Bronze, Copper and Brass.
I usually get between $15.00 to $30.00 every time I take mine to the local scrap metal buyer.
 
Last edited:
Yes, it's always a good idea not to be in a rush to throw your trash away.
I keep a plastic coffee can in my detecting box.
Dump it out on my work bench after a few hunts and take a real close look at everything before throwing anything away.

It's also a good idea to separate all your Bronze, Cooper and Brass.
I usually get between $15.00 to $30.00 every time I take mine to the local scrap metal buyer.
Yellow brass is now $3.80 a pound
#1 copper dropped this past few days to $6.80
#2 copper is now $6.60
Aluminum Extrusion is at $1.97

I :laughing7: when I read posts where a guy will toss the scrap and :hello2: over a few pennies. Digging up and old threaded brass valve from the dirt I just dug up $1+. Thank you very much I say outlaid.
 
Yellow brass is now $3.80 a pound
#1 copper dropped this past few days to $6.80
#2 copper is now $6.60
Aluminum Extrusion is at $1.97

I :laughing7: when I read posts where a guy will toss the scrap and :hello2: over a few pennies. Digging up and old threaded brass valve from the dirt I just dug up $1+. Thank you very much I say outlaid.
I drive right past our local scrap metal buyer a few time a week.
I end up digging around $100.00 in Copper & Brass every year.
What the heck, it buys some detecting gas and lunch here and there.
 
Yellow brass is now $3.80 a pound
#1 copper dropped this past few days to $6.80
#2 copper is now $6.60
Aluminum Extrusion is at $1.97

I :laughing7: when I read posts where a guy will toss the scrap and :hello2: over a few pennies. Digging up and old threaded brass valve from the dirt I just dug up $1+. Thank you very much I say outlaid.
It all gets sorted and collected in this house. 😀
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom