Am I doing the right thing?

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
In the next few days, I will be laying out my hard earned cash for a new MXT.

Kellyco has a deal with a free bullseye2. And there is the White's $150 Holidays dollars.
I am not sure how this will all work together or not with the special prices and rebates, but this is my shopping list:

MXT ~720.00
5" Coil 99.95
Deluxe Bag 59.95
950 Coil Cover 6.95
5" Coil Cover 9.95
2nd lower rod 9.95

Any other suggestions? I already have a ACE 250 with all the digging tools I need.

Thanks,
Paul

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Santa brought me a new MXT with an Eclipse DD (4x6) coil to boot!
I spent the last couple of years swinging a White's Prizm III and then I moved up to the Prizm V.
After researching the DFX, XLT, and the MXT, I feel, that for the type of detecting I do and want to do, the MXT gave me all I need for the $$$. Yea, the DFX and XLT are a couple of really sweet machines with LOTs of extras. But I just couldn't see spending the extra moola on the bells and whistles I may never use. So I used that difference and bought the 4x6 coil and a few accessories. Now I've got the tools, It's just a matter of using them. But after lurking on this site for a couple of months I see where there are a few of the people who find all sorts of great stuff using a wide variety of machines. From what I can see these are the true craftsman of this hobby. They put in the time researching areas and then they put in the sweat to get to the good stuff. My hats off to them. So, looks to me like you're going about it the right way.

OP
OP
Trescher

Trescher

Jul 29, 2006
San Antonio Texas
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500, ACE 250
I pulled the trigger :o

Got everything from Kellyco except the deluxe bag. I'll use my $150 White's dollars to get that and some other items. JW and Tony are some great guys at Kellyco. Thanks!

I should have it just in time for this weekend ;D

Wheezy

Dec 21, 2006
Jacksonville Florida
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Prizm V
Way to go! Jump in and have fun. Don’t be intimidated by the machine once you get it. Just sit down with the manual and follow along with it's directions and you'll do just fine. Once you spend a little time with it you'll be diggin up the good stuff. One thing I noticed with mine is how strong the readings come in. You'll be glad you got this one because of all the options you'll have. Have fun!!! And post your finds no matter what they are.

Wheezy 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread