What's new

Am I the only one?

thrillathahunt said:
Coil to Soil said:
m bryan said:
Very addicting hobby..........You drive a long way,brave the heat and cold,battle mosquitios,wear your back and knees out,dig in the ground on your hand and knees,suffer verbal abuse,etc.....all for some stuff you could probally buy on ebay for less than a dollar.......Its the thrill of the hunt!.......

Exactly...It's the thrill of the hunt, the unknown. Very addicting hobby. :headbang:

I couldn't have said it better myself! :icon_thumright: :icon_thumleft:
I think you coined that phrase... :icon_thumleft:....now dont get me wrong, I love the history part and the unknown. But if I found a chest full of gold coins I would pee my leg ;D
 
You are not alone.
Doc
 
I'm with Doc. And life can be dull and boring if you don't have dreams.
 
I gad mad at myself for dreaming of those old relics and civil war cannons and 10,000 years old arrowheads. It is crazy as I have more places to hunt then I will ever have time to. Then comes deer season, turkey season, crappie season. And I work every day.
I sure am glad I found t-net though. Gives me a chance to enjoy the finds of others when life gets busy. :thumbsup:
Happy Huntin
TnMtns
 
I sure am glad I found t-net though. Gives me a chance to enjoy the finds of others when life gets busy. thumbsup
Happy Huntin

Sure does fill the empty spaces.
 
There comes a time in every rightly-constructed boy's life when he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
- The Adventures of Tom Sawyer

Mark Twain had it right. It is the thrill of the hunt as was mentioned before.

Life offers many treasures that only a few of us see or understand. I do not think I will ever give it up, the quest that is.
 
birdman said:
..................is it sane for a 38 year old man to find himself dreaming about going off on great adventures,hunting for pirate treasure or almost any thing from the past ?

Yup, it's sane.

the thing you need to understand is that we are all just ___ year-olds trapped in a _____ year old body. (the psycho-babble world has determined that almost all men think of themselves as early to mid thirties, regardless of their actual age. They tried to determine what age women considered themselves to "be" but they refused to answer the question honestly.........)

So, all is good

:-)

Diggem'
 
Some would even rationalize dumping the wife, three kids, and the demanding job, in order to pursue his dream of treasure hunting.
Carl
 
Sanity is way, way overrated.
 
I'm 59 and I don't know what I'm going to be when I grow up. ???
 
I have coffee every morning before work with a couple cousins in a kitchen up a hill and less than a mile from where this was found. http://americanarchaeologist.com/archives/879

They have known this guy since grade school and word is that he has been offered six figures for the artifact. There is a group of friends who've been hunting the creek beds forever and have sizable collections worth a good bit. Along the way, they've discovered patches of ginseng that is apparently another local treasure worth it's weight in gold.

I'm being taken in tow as a Yankee refugee and I'm learning the ropes and adding the quest for these new treasures to my addiction to MD'ing. At 55, I can say that it just keeps getting better and better all the time......though my dear wife might put that a little differently!

HH :icon_thumleft:

Paul P.
 
PaulP_WestKY said:
I have coffee every morning before work with a couple cousins in a kitchen up a hill and less than a mile from where this was found. http://americanarchaeologist.com/archives/879

They have known this guy since grade school and word is that he has been offered six figures for the artifact. There is a group of friends who've been hunting the creek beds forever and have sizable collections worth a good bit. Along the way, they've discovered patches of ginseng that is apparently another local treasure worth it's weight in gold.

I'm being taken in tow as a Yankee refugee and I'm learning the ropes and adding the quest for these new treasures to my addiction to MD'ing. At 55, I can say that it just keeps getting better and better all the time......though my dear wife might put that a little differently!

HH :icon_thumleft:

Paul P.
Can we get a Banner vote for the Clovis?
 
You guys can vote all you want to banner the Clovis.
I'll tell you right now it won't happen as first the guy isn't a member to my knowledge,
Second he didn't post it himself.
And third being the only person I know who has been de-bannered...
It has to be a recent find not an old one. This is documented elsewhere as being found some time ago,
as mine was admittedly found earlier.
Worthy or not they have to be recent.
 
Old Dog said:
You guys can vote all you want to banner the Clovis.
I'll tell you right now it won't happen as first the guy isn't a member to my knowledge,
Second he didn't post it himself.
And third being the only person I know who has been de-bannered...
It has to be a recent find not an old one. This is documented elsewhere as being found some time ago,
as mine was admittedly found earlier.
Worthy or not they have to be recent.
I wasn't serious......just comenting on it being a nice item.
 
m bryan said:
The thrill of finding a piece of history,relics and old coins keeps it going. And theres always a chance you could find something valuable. Here's a pic of a trade token I found not long ago. Its about a hundred years old. Not worth much money but has histotial value.....Ewing Texas was a sawmill town that died out in the twenties.
[/

Bryan, The Trantow lumber book lists this token as an R10. 1 to 4 known. R10 value per
the book is $100.00+.
 
Sandpit said:
m bryan said:
The thrill of finding a piece of history,relics and old coins keeps it going. And theres always a chance you could find something valuable. Here's a pic of a trade token I found not long ago. Its about a hundred years old. Not worth much money but has histotial value.....Ewing Texas was a sawmill town that died out in the twenties.
[/

Bryan, The Trantow lumber book lists this token as an R10. 1 to 4 known. R10 value per
the book is $100.00+.
Wow, didn't know that! thanks.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom