What's new

Amazing Teller Stories (pics added)

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Joined
Mar 18, 2008
Messages
2,484
Reaction score
10
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Last week I made a dump and deposit of Ike's + $500 cash at my regular bank I was talking so much that I distracted myself and the teller. As I headed out the door I decided to see what funds I had left for the next day's pickup. After checking the contents of my wallet I realised that I was $100 short so I went back to her window and questioned weather I had given her $500 or $600 she said she thought I gave her $500 and I said I'm coming up $100 short. She said I'd have to wait till she balanced her Drawer and said if she was over she'd give me a call. An hour later she called me and indeed was a $100 over and deposited in my account. Wow amazing.

I do so much volume these day's that I've become rather complacent and toss money around like it was nothing but $100 really would hurt.

Next day I'm out searching again and my last stop of the day I stoped at a frequent stop and the young man had what he said was $140 in Ike's $40 in halves and some guy never picked up his box of new Presidency cents and asked if I wanted them?....... Boy do I!...... He returns from the vault and counts out the total and asked me for $205 which I promptly handed over and grabbed the printer box he placed all of the coins in and I scurried out the bank without even looking at them. I was worried that the penny guy would show up so I made a beeline for the door.

I was racing home to meet the kids and never looked at the contents till later that night and to my suprise there were not $140 dollars worth of Ike's but 14 rolls @ $20 a roll, he made a $140 error. Well I had simply walked in and he has no clue as to who I am or what my account # would be so I tell my wife and she says keep it. I was a little surprised and told her no way and that I am going back and pay him, don't want to mess up the good Karma I had been stocking up on. Iwas also worried that he would get fired.

I returned the next morning and he was there and Boy was he glad to see me and I asked him if there was an issue with his audit last night and he sheepishly said yes. I asked how much and he said $140 so I pulled out $140 and gave it to him, he called over his manager and they both thanked me for my honesty and another teller calls me over and said he had something for me and produced a 40%'r and sold it to me and said he would keep an eye out for me from now on.

I'm hoping this maneuver pays dividends. Buy the way there wee 4 proof Ike's in that batch including a 73 Woo hoo!

Mojo
 

Attachments

  • ikeproof.webp
    ikeproof.webp
    42.6 KB · Views: 502
  • 73ikeproofrev.webp
    73ikeproofrev.webp
    30.2 KB · Views: 507
  • 76V1ikeproofrev.webp
    76V1ikeproofrev.webp
    49.4 KB · Views: 511
Upvote 0
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Good going Mojo. Glad to see folks still do the right thing.
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

whether you get more coins or not, its the right thing to have done and in the long run you will sleep easy knowing that you did not trade your integrity for a mere $140 in ugly Ikes.
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Good job, honesty always pays off. You will reap rewards down the line somewhere.
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

LemonThrower said:
whether you get more coins or not, its the right thing to have done and in the long run you will sleep easy knowing that you did not trade your integrity for a mere $140 in ugly Ikes.

Thanks.... I did sleep much better.

AGCoinHunter said:
Good job, honesty always pays off. You will reap rewards down the line somewhere.

Hoping for the 700+ walker kind of find! LOL keeping the faith and the hunt continues.

Mojo
DrDetector said:
Good going Mojo. Glad to see folks still do the right thing.

My momma raised me right.

Mojo
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Good for you and that karma does pay off. At one bank they handed me an extra $50 and I told them, the next week they saw me dumping in the machine and said "why don't you just bring all those coins in bags which we can give you, just drop them off anytime and we can take care of them" - been doing it for over a year. Another time at the same bank a teller handed me an 1834 half, thought I might want it! Yea - I know we've had a number of these "karma" threads...


Maine_Jim
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

coinmojo said:
Last week I made a dump and deposit of Ike's + $500 cash at my regular bank I was talking so much that I distracted myself and the teller. As I headed out the door I decided to see what funds I had left for the next day's pickup. After checking the contents of my wallet I realised that I was $100 short so I went back to her window and questioned weather I had given her $500 or $600 she said she thought I gave her $500 and I said I'm coming up $100 short. She said I'd have to wait till she balanced her Drawer and said if she was over she'd give me a call. An hour later she called me and indeed was a $100 over and deposited in my account. Wow amazing.

That happened to me once had a few $k in halves and was on a trip to Missouri hitting all the Banks could along way, amassed alot of clad along way, anyhoot knew where last Branch of my Bank back in TN was so hit it before got to destination got it all in cash and teller was little miffed took almost hour to count it all, and recount too cause I felt it was short though not too sure how much just had an uneasy feeling;
had about 2 more hour drive till got where was to end up in Mo. was doing alota figuring in head as driving and came to conclusion was actually shorted despite recount being same in Bank, well when got there the bank had called & needed me to call them. as it turned out she mistakenly put $640 in wrong spot- she had like 7 other bundles to count- she found it when she did her audit at closing. She was very nervous & apologetic I assured her no problem I won't be lodging complaint.
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

It pays to be honest. You will get that $140 back several times over sometime.
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Mojo,
The story you told of an honest deed really inspired me. Also made me do some deep thinking.
I've come to the conclusion that by getting silver from various banks at face value is dishonest. I'm paying fifty cents for something that I know is worth at least 12 times that. I do it knowingly,and intentionally.
I am now left with a guilty conscience. I had always thought that Karma was reserved to natives of the Indian sub continent, and a few converted Hare Krishnas, but now I'm not so sure. Many of my boxes have been light if not outright skunks. I'm sure that because of my misdeeds I've caught a dose of anti-karma.
In order to make amends, I've decided to sell my silver and donate the proceeds to charity.
If anyone else is feeling guilty about aquiring silver dishonestly from unsuspecting bank tellers they too can donate their silver to:
The Rich Hartford Foundation
:laughing7:

Good job Mojo !!
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Rich Hartford said:
Mojo,
The story you told of an honest deed really inspired me. Also made me do some deep thinking.
I've come to the conclusion that by getting silver from various banks at face value is dishonest. I'm paying fifty cents for something that I know is worth at least 12 times that. I do it knowingly,and intentionally.
I am now left with a guilty conscience. I had always thought that Karma was reserved to natives of the Indian sub continent, and a few converted Hare Krishnas, but now I'm not so sure. Many of my boxes have been light if not outright skunks. I'm sure that because of my misdeeds I've caught a dose of anti-karma.
In order to make amends, I've decided to sell my silver and donate the proceeds to charity.
If anyone else is feeling guilty about aquiring silver dishonestly from unsuspecting bank tellers they too can donate their silver to:
The Rich Hartford Foundation
:laughing7:

Good job Mojo !!

The question is are you going to sell it at face or 12X to donate to your foundation? If its face, Im a buyer! :)
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

I think you did the right thing. There is so much dishonesty and selfishness in the world. Whenever I encounter pure honest it makes me feel very good.

I hope you get your box of Walkers (but don't expect them to come knocking on your door, luck still takes work).

OWS
 
Re: Amazing Teller Stories

Rich Hartford said:
Mojo,
The story you told of an honest deed really inspired me. Also made me do some deep thinking.

The Rich Hartford Foundation
:laughing7:

Good job Mojo !!

Sounds like a real charity?

Thanks Rich
obsessedwithsilver said:
I think you did the right thing. There is so much dishonesty and selfishness in the world. Whenever I encounter pure honest it makes me feel very good.

I hope you get your box of Walkers (but don't expect them to come knocking on your door, luck still takes work).

OWS

Thanks OWS

I am relentless in the search. I do feel like I work hard at it.

Mojo
 
Dude you've been saving up those karma points forever! It's time the big man cashes them in and you get a box STAMPED 1964! lol Sweet Ikes man! :headbang:
 
and a '73 at that!
key date.
 
Well done. I am sure that you would had returned Gold Eagles too the same way I did.

You will be rewarded with tons of silver

DW
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom