What's new

Amazing Weekend Stunning Silver Finds

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all....did a double search this weekend and it turned out to be a remarkable few days, so straight in with the finds, Fist signal of the day and out pops one of the best hammered I have ever found, :icon_king: Edward1 1272-1307 Archbishop Mint York, reverce quarter foil in centre, not two yards away and out comes another one Edward1 Bury Mint, reverce Villa sci Edmundi, not a bad 15 minutes. Things went quite for a while and then the next find a nice Horse Harness Pendant dating to the Medieval period with traces of guilding still visible, moving over to the Villa area there was a mix of Roman Bronze coins in the usuall condition before a nice Roman Silver of Septimus Severus AD193-211 popped out, Laureate Head Right/ reverce two captives seated at foot of trophy and that was Saturday. Sunday saw us back on the same field after lunch the first find turned out to be a brocken Silver Roman ring proberbly for a child, a cut hammered of King:John 1199-1216 then another Roman Silver of Faustina Jr, Draped bust right/ reverce Pudicita Standing Left Tugging at her Toga, then a broken Silver Denarius not quite sure who of will try to get more info, the Roman finds kept coming a broken head stud brooch and part of a horse fitting, an amazing weekend :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • S&H 029.webp
    S&H 029.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 5,428
  • S&H 030.webp
    S&H 030.webp
    56 KB · Views: 5,357
  • S&H 032.webp
    S&H 032.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 5,244
  • S&H 034.webp
    S&H 034.webp
    57 KB · Views: 5,207
  • S&H 036.webp
    S&H 036.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 5,048
  • ss1.webp
    ss1.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,925
  • ss2.webp
    ss2.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,849
  • S&H 049.webp
    S&H 049.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 4,835
  • S&H 005.webp
    S&H 005.webp
    69 KB · Views: 4,776
  • S&H 006.webp
    S&H 006.webp
    71.7 KB · Views: 4,704
  • S&H 008.webp
    S&H 008.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,628
  • S&H 043.webp
    S&H 043.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,543
Upvote 6
Incredible finds! The silver Romans never cease to amaze!
 
Those are some of the most beautiful silver coins I've ever seen. :o :icon_sunny: Amazing finds!! :thumbsup:
 
Congrats on all of those Fantastic finds!!!!! :thumbsup:
Mike
 
well done supper finds and congrats on the banner :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Oh dear, that first coin is GEORGOUS!!! The rest ain't too shabby, either!!!

Great digs!

Ray
 
curbdiggercarl57 said:
Now that's a Banner Baby! Congrates! Do you get to keep it, or is it a "treasure" by English law?
Yes I get to keep all the coins :thumbsup: they are not classed as treasure :)
 
outstanding finds cannot wait for your encore congrats and continued good luck
 
Tyre Kicker ... those are some of the finest old coins I've seen posted from any continent ... absolutely great finds and well deserved spot on the banner ... congratulations ~ Jimmy
 
I am so glad you posted your finds, even though I have drooled all over my keyboard. You guys over there just leave us in awe over here. WOW, just beautiful finds and well deserving a banner spot. Thanks for sharing your great finds with all of us.

DANGLANGLEY
 
Congrats on the Banner and your exquisite finds!! :hello2:

Glad you get to keep them.

Keep digging!
 
Hardy said:
MAY I SUGGEST SOME SORT OF HAND LOTION :icon_jokercolor:
Hi Hardy....I normally wear gloves, the rough look to my hands just looks like that because the field is very sandy and it was quite wet that day. :thumbsup:
 
Totally awesome awesome finds :o BIG congrats on such great finds :thumbsup:
 
very awesome job on the coin! It has a very unique design! :)
 
Grate find I know how good it felt when you got that Edward. I got the same filling when I dug up a Edward like yours that had a London mint on it in Ireland. Congrats
 
I'm doing a happy dance for you right now Tyre Kicker!

That's just sickening mate! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
WOW!!!! I have always wanted to go to the UK to check for the old old old stuff, leave a little will ya? Congrats to you. :thumbsup: :coffee2: Hardrock
 
gr8 pics and finds!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom