What's new

Amazing Weekend Stunning Silver Finds

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2006
Messages
10,425
Reaction score
2,724
Golden Thread
1
Location
UK
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all....did a double search this weekend and it turned out to be a remarkable few days, so straight in with the finds, Fist signal of the day and out pops one of the best hammered I have ever found, :icon_king: Edward1 1272-1307 Archbishop Mint York, reverce quarter foil in centre, not two yards away and out comes another one Edward1 Bury Mint, reverce Villa sci Edmundi, not a bad 15 minutes. Things went quite for a while and then the next find a nice Horse Harness Pendant dating to the Medieval period with traces of guilding still visible, moving over to the Villa area there was a mix of Roman Bronze coins in the usuall condition before a nice Roman Silver of Septimus Severus AD193-211 popped out, Laureate Head Right/ reverce two captives seated at foot of trophy and that was Saturday. Sunday saw us back on the same field after lunch the first find turned out to be a brocken Silver Roman ring proberbly for a child, a cut hammered of King:John 1199-1216 then another Roman Silver of Faustina Jr, Draped bust right/ reverce Pudicita Standing Left Tugging at her Toga, then a broken Silver Denarius not quite sure who of will try to get more info, the Roman finds kept coming a broken head stud brooch and part of a horse fitting, an amazing weekend :thumbsup:
 

Attachments

  • S&H 029.webp
    S&H 029.webp
    48.8 KB · Views: 5,428
  • S&H 030.webp
    S&H 030.webp
    56 KB · Views: 5,357
  • S&H 032.webp
    S&H 032.webp
    42.7 KB · Views: 5,244
  • S&H 034.webp
    S&H 034.webp
    57 KB · Views: 5,207
  • S&H 036.webp
    S&H 036.webp
    42.9 KB · Views: 5,048
  • ss1.webp
    ss1.webp
    34.5 KB · Views: 4,925
  • ss2.webp
    ss2.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 4,849
  • S&H 049.webp
    S&H 049.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 4,835
  • S&H 005.webp
    S&H 005.webp
    69 KB · Views: 4,776
  • S&H 006.webp
    S&H 006.webp
    71.7 KB · Views: 4,704
  • S&H 008.webp
    S&H 008.webp
    69.7 KB · Views: 4,628
  • S&H 043.webp
    S&H 043.webp
    40.4 KB · Views: 4,543
Upvote 6
Awsome looking finds.

I like the Roman ring best.
 
:o :o :o :o

Incredible finds, Tyre!! Simply incredible in quality and quantity!

I'd be out there right now finding some more.

Major Congrats!!

CAPTN SE
Dan
 
That first coin is the single coolest designed coin I've ever seen in my life! I think the US mint should make coins with that type of bold styling.Outstanding finds!
 
From all the find's across the pond they have got to be the most Beautiful Coin's I've seen posted yet......Congratulation's!!!!!! :wink:
 
Absolutely incredible finds! It is amazing how a hammered coin 700+ years old can come out of the ground looking so nice. Silver sure holds up well. Congratulations on the BANNER!
 
Truly awesome finds TK.
Respect :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Mike
 
Thanks to every one for all the amazing replies :thumbsup: I'm thrilled to have made the banner for the second time in as many weeks :o TK.
 
tyre kicker said:
Thanks to every one for all the amazing replies :thumbsup: I'm thrilled to have made the banner for the second time in as many weeks :o TK.

You deserve it. Karma for the ring :wink: It will be a long wait (depending on your coroner), they are trying to get a bill passed for a1 coroner in the UK that only deals with treasure. I hope they get it through.

I took a day off to go mud wrestling today :-\
 
Amazing finds TK!!! :thumbsup:
Congrats on your well deserved banner.
-MM-
 
That Edward the 1st looks like it was carved out of wood, what detail! gotta get to England!
CurbdiggerCarl
 
Now that's a Banner Baby! Congrates! Do you get to keep it, or is it a "treasure" by English law?
 
That Ed1 is outstanding... like to pendant and everything else too! :thumbsup:
 
Trond said:
That must be one of the best hammered coins i have ever seen.... :o



I'll Co-sign that with a :thumbsup:
 
You poor thing! - looks like you need a good hand creme.......

Fantastic finds as well - Wow!
 
I find it incredible that those coins look so good and are so old at the same time. Those are very neat. Congrats man!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom