Amazon Prime Video--What a Ripoff

tcornel

Aug 11, 2011
NE Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, 17" & 6" coils, Equinox 800, Propointer AT, Stealth 920i, Lesche Sampson and digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I received a postcard that gave a free 30 day trial to Amazon Prime. Cool.

I figured I would try it before the annual 99 fee was due. I thought watching some
Diggers episodes would chase away some of the snow on the ground. :icon_scratch:

I was amazed that they still wanted 1.99 an episode to watch a TV show! Even with a subscription
TV service. :BangHead:

Seriously............they can keep their "service". If I wanted pay per view channels I would never have tried them.
They make no mention of charges per view in addition to the annual fee.

And they can keep their 2 day shipping service also......who needs it?

Oh well back to counting the snowflakes.

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Eurotek Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There are a ton of shows and movies that are free to watch with Prime, go to department, unlimited instant video, prime instant video. All those you can watch with Prime, no fees.
Not sure why they try to charge per episode for some. I guess they didn't get the rights?

swamptick

Dec 15, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My wife and I have been a prime member for years, anything we order, as long as it is prime eligible is shipped free in two days or less. As far as the videos go, they have a bunch that are free as well as some you can rent. I personally like the two days or less shipping for free. My 2 cents.

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I like amazon prime membership. It can save you money in some cases. Amazon has given me instant refunds on some items prior to me shipping the items back.
Just purchased an Excalibur II 800 for 600.00 off the going price. Amazon has saved me a ton in frustration as well. I guess I'm a fan!
Best of luck!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The "free shipping" although quick, isn't free. It's $99 per year which isn't free unless you typically have shipping charges that total more than that.
luvsdux

SwtTea

Feb 3, 2015
Central AR
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2, Eurotek Pro, Garret Pro Pointer, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
With the amount of things I order the shipping definatey "pays" for itself! Probably pays for itself at Christmas alone, lol.
I too have instant refunds sometimes before shipping back, and just this past week we bought a playstation4 after holding off for a long time... it came with the last of us free. a week later after we already had the system I noticed the deal changed and they now offered 2 free games. So I contacted them and asked if there was any way I could get that second free game now, and they sent it to me, free.
When ordering games and stuff, 99% of the time Amazon seems to have it less/on sale before stores. Having "free" 2 day shipping on a game you really want is nice. Also, where I live, we typically aren't charged tax online (yet), so I save even more money purchasing... anything on Amazon vs in store.
I've watched a few tv shows as well but that's not the reason I got the Prime. I've generally had excellent experience buying, retuning and settling any issues with Amazon for years. I'm a fan!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In spite of what I posted about "Prime" in relation to shipping, I'm an Amazon fan. However, with the purchases I've made that include shipping and what shipping I do occasionally pay, I still beat the $99 prime charge so I don't use it.
luvsdux

CA Gold Hunter

Nov 14, 2014
Northern California
Detector(s) used
White's TDI SL, Fors Gold+, Gold Monster 1000, 36" Bazooka Prospector, 30" Bazooka Sniper.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I pay for prime for the "free" 2 day shipping. It pays for itself in about 15 orders and I get my item extremely fast. Only takes a few months to have it pay for itself in delivery fees for me. The prime tv is just an extra and is nice to have sometimes along with Netflix and Hulu.

DirtDiggerDaveinMD

Jan 31, 2005
Amazon Prime is the best deal out there if you use all of the perks offered to members. I use it mainly for the media...movies, music, kindle, etc..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread