What's new

American Indian pottery

finderofpoints

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2007
Messages
22
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
S.E. Louisiana
i acquired this pot a very long time ago,which i believe was discovered in south Louisiana...any info would be greatly appreciated
 

Attachments

  • photo[1].webp
    photo[1].webp
    188 KB · Views: 395
try
Pre-Colonial American Artifacts
American Indian Artifacts
for a better answer to this one.
 
Upvote 0
lostcauses said:
try
Pre-Colonial American Artifacts
American Indian Artifacts
for a better answer to this one.
no luck. I think i may have to contact a local archaeologist and see if i can get any insight there
 
Upvote 0
finderofpoints said:
lostcauses said:
try
Pre-Colonial American Artifacts
American Indian Artifacts
for a better answer to this one.
no luck. I think i may have to contact a local archaeologist and see if i can get any insight there

Might be the best way to do it.
Out of my area so I can not offer an opinion.
 
Upvote 0
The shape and bottom leads me to believe it is more recent and perhaps a pottery project. The decoration appears to be native American .
I have seen a lot of pottery and have a lot of shards on display at the Louisiana History Museum, but not that type.
DG
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom