What's new

American Recycling Associates help...

adirondackjim

Full Member
Joined
Sep 23, 2014
Messages
150
Reaction score
96
Golden Thread
0
Location
Finger Lakes of NY & North Shore of Kaua'i
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Never used their service and have a couple of questions if you're familiar with them?

The required customer application form looks like it's only for businesses?

The payout schedules show percentages based on weight. Are these percentages referring to the amounts paid based on the current market prices?

Thanks
 
I've used them once as a 'walk in' at their Dallas location...very satisfied, I might add. I took payment in silver and gold coin/bullion versus check. They're primary customers are businesses (pawn shops, jewelers, dentists, gold buyers, etc.) but at least one other customer walked in with personal jewellery while I was there. I found them very friendly and fair. Yes, they determine payment based on current PM pricing and even allowed me to pick what I wanted based on the value of what I brought to the deal. I intend to use them again when my finds or 'ante' reach a level I wish to exchange.

Note - some of my items had 'stones' which had to be removed and valued by their staff. Whole process took three days if memory serves.
 
I've used ARA many times and am very satisfied. The "loot" you send them is weighed and a check is issued on the day they melt according to the spot price on that day. You can request any stones or non gold/silver items be returned to you. Midwest Refineries near me pays around 96% spot and never returns stones. I don't use them any more because of a gold item they said wasn't gold but never gave it back. It tested at 18 kt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom