Ammo found!!!

Krmzin

Aug 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all, I guess this is an introduction and found. So, first of all, this is my very first hunt with my AT PRO, and hunting in gneral. I went to the oceanfront beach in Norfolk, VA, which was a disaster for most of the day as I tried to learn my machine. I came across a strong signal and came across ammo! If anyone can point me to someone who knows ammo... The police? Lol. Anyway, I'm mad that i didn't get into the hobby sooner (i use to live in HI). If anyone hunts in the norfolk, VA area, that could show me some pointers, I'm always down for a hunt.
Hope the pictures load correctly.

20180915_201931.jpg
20180915_201931.jpg 20180915_201931.jpg 20180915_201931.jpg

Upvote 4

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard. Is that a stripper clip of ammo? Can’t tell what I’m looking at

Centsless Detecting

Bronze Member
Aug 13, 2017
Milwaukee WI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
-Minelab Equinox 800 with 11" and 6" coils -Minelab Manticore-
-Garett AT Pinpointer-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome and nice find. How many rounds you got there? I agree with bearbqd looks like a stripper clip..

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Welcome to Tnet from Mississippi.

mlutz

Dec 20, 2016
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like a stripper clip of 5.56 MM. Virginia Beach here and welcome to TNet.

Last edited:

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's hard to tell because non of the photos show the entire piece and all only show the one side. Most commonly I've found 50 cal machine bullets, and they look just like, that when encrusted. During WW2 the submarine war raged along the Atlantic coast. My father in law's first post was flying anti sub missions around Florida and the gulf. He was the flight engineer and top turret gunner in a B 24J which is the predecessor of the B 25. It's armament was exclusively 50 cal and of course bombs. America's Atlantic coast is littered with the wrecks of Nazi submarines, and the Nazis had a number of them missing in action. Also the National guard frequently practiced anti aircraft drills in many places along the coast.

Ed's Crew.jpg Shot down over Hanover Germany on Oct 25, 1945. Lost his left shoulder joint and spent the rest of the war in Stalag Luft 1 near the Baltic Sea. Back row 3rd from the left. Probably the fisherman I'll ever know in my lifetime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

Krmzin

Aug 24, 2018
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm thumbnail2222.jpg sorry all, I was so excited that I failed to load all the pictures from my mobile device. I'm still having hard times transferring them but they are slowly coming. I'll load them as they come to my email

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks like belt-fed .30 cal machine gun ammo, the rust is the steel belt that has turned into a concretion around the rounds, or it may be a clip of .30-06 bullets for the US army issued M1 Garand, it may be left over from WWII training. Very cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread