An Effigy Axe with battle scars

magua

Sep 18, 2022
People don't have to be kind to me I'm just having fun.
I didn't say that you asked to see my collection. Pictures don't always tell the whole story of what an object is, no one is that good, you have to hold it in your hand. I will keep my beautiful rocks that no one will pass up for sure! Thanks
Well don't worry. People don't have to be kind either, nor do I see a collection that's interesting. So you're stating that you're just having fun. As in, you know it's nothing but messing with others and wasting time? There's a term for this that we don't use here. But don't waste people's time. Your pics don't tell the story...nor do you. No given context or details. you act like you have some secretive diamond in the rough. But now you say your just having fun.

I just finished shoveling snow and passed up 100s of rocks identical to yours, as did anyone driving down the roadway to work or to run errands. Limestone is likely what you have. Rarely used for tools due to it being too soft but it was used rarely. What you have is not. It's not worked in any way and has no signs of work. It's a rock and in the right forum category as rock. The battle scars that you think you see are probably caused from plow strikes or even a snow shovel. I should go out and check where I just threw the snow. I might have some gems.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which responses? From another forum or list? Because what you have here is a rock. People are being kind. unfortunately, You don’t have an ax or anything else. keep on looking..

I did not ask to see your collection, I merely told you I could help you with this particular item. There is a cool phone app that I use that you might be interested in. It’s called Rock Identifier. I use it frequently when I am out with my One group, searching for minerals, fossils, and other interesting items. It’s very helpful in identifying the base material. Base material will give you a good idea on whether or not it is a NA artefact.

Good luck
Magua, thanks for the app info, also do you find a lot of artifacts in your area?

cajundetector

Mar 4, 2023
Magua, thanks for the app info, also do you find a lot of artifacts in your area?
Wish I had quick access to rocks in general. My immediate area is mostly swamp/mud. I’ve found small fossils by sorting through parking lot gravel on lunch breaks and then consulting with my geologist friend. In limestone I’ve found clam, lots bryozoan. It’s quite a study, one I’m not ready for lol! Either way good luck in your search.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well don't worry. People don't have to be kind either, nor do I see a collection that's interesting. So you're stating that you're just having fun. As in, you know it's nothing but messing with others and wasting time? There's a term for this that we don't use here. But don't waste people's time. Your pics don't tell the story...nor do you. No given context or details. you act like you have some secretive diamond in the rough. But now you say your just having fun.

I just finished shoveling snow and passed up 100s of rocks identical to yours, as did anyone driving down the roadway to work or to run errands. Limestone is likely what you have. Rarely used for tools due to it being too soft but it was used rarely. What you have is not. It's not worked in any way and has no signs of work. It's a rock and in the right forum category as rock. The battle scars that you think you see are probably caused from plow strikes or even a snow shovel. I should go out and check where I just threw the snow. I might have some gems.
I will just let what I post answer all of the questions. Thanks

magua

Sep 18, 2022
I will just let what I post answer all of the questions. Thanks
Yea. There’s artefacts. Depends on what you’re looking for. Rockshelters were plentiful. The Owasco culture has plenty of pipe history found not far away. Really nice craftsmanship for the time. The McFate hickory kingdom was nearby as well. 189 burials along in the village, etc. potters field on the other side of me and fishbasket village just down the road. Lots of artefact and history.

Regarding what you posted after about making fun, etc. It was rude and insulting to a good group of experienced individuals and you perhaps insulted the one person that was being polite and proceeding with guidance. After your comments following that, you showed your true intentions. If you were interested in learning and listening and contributing, you’d share info, context, and not resist common sense and input rather than making fun of others.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wish I had quick access to rocks in general. My immediate area is mostly swamp/mud. I’ve found small fossils by sorting through parking lot gravel on lunch breaks and then consulting with my geologist friend. In limestone I’ve found clam, lots bryozoan. It’s quite a study, one I’m not ready for lol! Either way good luck in your search.

Try to think more positive. Never know you could be a Who's who in artifacts one day.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea. There’s artefacts. Depends on what you’re looking for. Rockshelters were plentiful. The Owasco culture has plenty of pipe history found not far away. Really nice craftsmanship for the time. The McFate hickory kingdom was nearby as well. 189 burials along in the village, etc. potters field on the other side of me and fishbasket village just down the road. Lots of artefact and history.

Regarding what you posted after about making fun, etc. It was rude and insulting to a good group of experienced individuals and you perhaps insulted the one person that was being polite and proceeding with guidance. After your comments following that, you showed your true intentions. If you were interested in learning and listening and contributing, you’d share info, context, and not resist common sense and input rather than making fun of others.
I didn't write the words making fun, I enjoy showing part of my collection and that's enjoyable for me. How would that insult people, that's not my intention at all. I'm not interested in sharing where I find my artifacts it's my choice and logical. I'm an expert and I will leave it at that.

OP
OP
Jusfieldreem2

Jusfieldreem2

Jul 6, 2023
Pa.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Expert in what?? :icon_scratch:
FInding lifetime artifacts and using discretion as to when and where I display them. My museum costs 150.00 to get in and no pictures allowed.
don't be confused, pretty obvious OP is one of those "portable rock art" guys. They are all over ebay and post for sale hilarious stuff.
I have better and different artifacts than anyone in the group, let's have a contest and let the people decide.

magua

Sep 18, 2022
FInding lifetime artifacts and using discretion as to when and where I display them. My museum costs 150.00 to get in and no pictures allowed.

I have better and different artifacts than anyone in the group, let's have a contest and let the people decide.
you have to self declare yourself as an expert. Brag about your self importance to hype yourself up. Brag about your collection and how it’s better than anybody else’s in the group. Tell someone else that maybe someday they too can be in the who’s who of artifacts.

Now tell me again, after everything you just said to forum members and challenging the group as to how much better you are and your collection is, tell me you’re not insulting everybody here.

You can have the best collection in the world, and it still makes you a zero.

magua

Sep 18, 2022
you have to self declare yourself as an expert. Brag about your self importance to hype yourself up. Brag about your collection and how it’s better than anybody else’s in the group. Tell someone else that maybe someday they too can be in the who’s who of artifacts.

Now tell me again, after everything you just said to forum members and challenging the group as to how much better you are and your collection is, tell me you’re not insulting everybody here.

You can have the best collection in the world, and it still makes you a zero.

You know what, allow me to apologize for my comment and saying it makes you zero. It makes people have zero interest when you speak to people like you are. If that clarifies it. I don’t want to be seen as the type person who would sink as low as you.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I haven't built my display yet, I'm really bad at that I just put everything in a pile.

20181206_104930.jpg

I have many piles also.
Now see if you match that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread