What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Is this an effigy stone axe?

Wisperinjon

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jan 8, 2024
Messages
2
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
I found this on a creek in Tennessee,is this a stone effigy axe or prehistoric animal?
 

Attachments

  • CM231124-121336001.webp
    CM231124-121336001.webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 97
  • CM231124-122131017.webp
    CM231124-122131017.webp
    153.6 KB · Views: 76
  • CM231124-122222019.webp
    CM231124-122222019.webp
    151.6 KB · Views: 68
  • CM231124-121336001.webp
    CM231124-121336001.webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 69
I see why you might think that is a carved animal shape, but I'm thinking this is just a geofact/natural rock that's been smoothed/tumbled in the creek.
 
Upvote 2
I see why you might think that is a carved animal shape, but I'm thinking this is just a geofact/natural rock that's been smoothed/tumbled in the creek.
I see why you might think that is a carved animal shape, but I'm thinking this is just a geofact/natural rock that's been smoothed/tumbled in the creek.
I appreciate that . I wasn't sure it's a limestone creek full of crustations..don't know til you ask.
There is one thing,I found a fairly large chunk of fools gold in the same lil area way back in the past .is that a sign of any precious metals there?
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom