an unconventional cache

A few(perhaps many) years ago, I remember reading about someone who found a bunch of `50's and/or `60's concept cars buried in a vault out there in the desert. They said the find was worth millions maybe you remember it or can find an article on it? Your post just reminded me of it. Great finds! Congrats! HH omnicognic 8)

Thanks, I had not heard of that, i knew these parts were good (Photos stinx)(will get better ones soon) and wanted to get them treated b4 any more corrosion, last year was real wet...then saw a guy on ebay selling dodge fender without running board 10 years+ younger than these, fenders were 135 and 150$ respectively so yes this may be my best find yet

still metal detecting & probing for that jar o' gold coins though!!!!! its here somewhere....

:)

B

the dry climate has a lot to do with perserving these steel parts thats for sure

best to get the cars right now if possible, because last year we had a lot of water out here in NM desert and the rust started with a vengeance....anything that was under the ground was rusted really badly, unusable for the most part, some of the stuff was like cut off with rust right at the line where it partially buried

good luc

b

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back