Analog is not dead(PAY ATTENTION WHITES)

XL-PRO PRO

Sep 18, 2008
Winchester Tennessee
Detector(s) used
MXT All Pro,Fisher F-19,Blistool V-5,Sovereign XS
There's a Chinese imatation of the XL Pro, with tone ID added, & the meter has US coin icons on the 0-100 scale. It's about $175. Famous Trails MD-9300 I think?? You can tell by the picture. It's on eBay.

I read White's had to discontinue the XL Pro because the needle meter used mercury. Anyone know if that's true? HH, George (MN)

I have a 6000 XL PRO myself, the reason they go so high used is because they are an excellent top of the line analog detector, the meter is really good and they are light and easy to swing. They are a jewelry magnet in parks. I have had mine for 2 years, paid $450 for it with a new 10' coil when I bought it, and I love it. If I sold it I would sell if for what I paid for it because I know it is worth it.

Speaking of selling it, I may just end up selling it this year as more reviews come in on the new Whites Vision. I may end up selling the XL PRO, and the Whites Classic ID with Mr Bill mods to help finance a new vision....

I have the IDX Pro (analog controls & digital display) and I really don't think I'll ever part with it, even if I get a newer MD down the road... it's a quality machine!
That new Vision DOES look really sweet though... :wink:

Bran <><

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back