We found a old anchor in the woods behind my house and I am looking to see what it's worth or any information. A friend asked to buy it but I am not sure what it's worth. I am guessing its iron. Its a little over 4ft tall. I can not find any markets at all on it to give me a name or a year. It is rusted but just for the iron or metal alone I guess its worth something. Also attacked is a huge thick rope. Any information at all please. Some reason the pictures are not showing. Here the links:
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3011-nYzGNzXD.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3014-2l5n27xc.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3013-a2XEHbOG.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3012-YpdgH4gm.JPG
PS> We are not even close to a ocean, just 1 lake. So not sure if this was for a small boat (seems to big) or just a prop for someone's yard
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3011-nYzGNzXD.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3014-2l5n27xc.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3013-a2XEHbOG.JPG
http://picpaste.com/IMG_3012-YpdgH4gm.JPG
PS> We are not even close to a ocean, just 1 lake. So not sure if this was for a small boat (seems to big) or just a prop for someone's yard
HH Chug
Here on the coast they are used in yards for decoration.And even though I've sold ones just like that one,here that type don't bring much money.People here rather have the older types that are found dragging off shore.But for a person inland it might have some value.
I'm not sure where you are but could have made it's way there just that way.Or could be from someone who owned a vessel & wanted to keep as a remineder. 







