Ancient Aztec/Myan, Spanish, and KGC trail.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dog the treasure hunter I agree with you 100 percent on your last comment. I love the pic's that you posted very nice and thank you. This site is exactly like you said it shows signs of Spanish,Knights Templar, and everyone else. These's guy were very intelligent and crafty. The Spanish gained knowledge from these's guys and used it to get their hands on all the riches in the world that they could. IMG_0527.JPG Here is another big nose guy for you Dog the treasure hunter!

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mdog thanks for the post. This site that Pinwheel and I are working right now I really don't want to disclose the state. I would love to hear your thoughts on this ancient stuff. Their were mound builders that occupied this region that we are working in.

Last edited:

kanabite

May 27, 2006
southern utah
Detector(s) used
wander aimlessly in circles with camera in hand
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kanabite thank you very much for the info! That's some very good stuff right there and explains a whole lot of things to me about the society as a whole that we still live in today.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
If you're in the Mississippi Valley and you think the site is ancient, look for this stuff.

If the river bluff is high and steep, look for a cleft in the bluff formed by a tributary flowing into the Mississippi. The cleft should be wide enough with a gradual slope for easy movement from the river to the prairie.

Look for evidence of any Moundbuilder cultures close to your site.

Do some research and look for evidence of any east-west trails that might have been used during prehistoric times, especially during the Moundbuilding era.

If your site is at an area like this, I'd be interested in knowing what state you're in.

If there is a tributary like what I described, you could find some carved signs 1-2 miles back from the Mississippi, unless you have a real wide flood plain. If that's the case, follow the cleft through the bluff and then start looking around.

Hoofer

Jan 25, 2012
Detector(s) used
Between ears
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everyone for post. Another two cents worth. Okey dokey was right on the use of rectangles as the big attention getters. You will usually find the (how to solve it signs) at one of the corners. The type of people depicted by a truly ancient site can be all. On dtth's thread: Hernando Cortez Found, I posted a photo of a carved stone treasure chest that is 15 x20x30 feet. The quarter mile cliff leading to this has every type of peoples faces, including alien. I believe on ancient sites you cant tell the makers by the faces. Have fun with your site as it looks like a good one.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello mdog thanks for the post. This site that Pinwheel and I are working right now I really don't want to disclose the state. I would love to hear your thoughts on this ancient stuff. Their were mound builders that occupied this region that we are working in.

I went ahead and deleted my post that started out with your quote mentioning the state your site is in.:thumbsup: It's a good idea to protect your site.

The west side of the Mississippi is the best place to look for trails that pass through a cleft in the bluff, if you're looking for precious metals anyway. You should research the Mound Builder cultures living in your area and find out what type of artifacts were recovered. The Hopewells had a huge trade network that covered almost all of the U.S. east of the Mississippi. They moved copper from the Great Lakes region, mica from the Appalachians, lead from the upper Mississippi and Missouri, shells from the Gulf, Obsidian from the Yellowstone region and freshwater pearls from any river where they could find the clams. Look for their trails and learn what is moved along them as time passed.

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If there is a tributary like what I described, you could find some carved signs 1-2 miles back from the Mississippi, unless you have a real wide flood plain. If that's the case, follow the cleft through the bluff and then start looking around.

Hi Mdog and everyone. We have a bluff on a lesser tributary of the Mississippi. The bluff has been cut by that tributary. There is a nice path between the river and bluff now. The bluff is about 1/4 mile long and reaches 150 or more feet high. There is a network of profiles of different human type faces, numbers and letters. This area show alot of spanish influence but it also shows some ancient works as well.

This first pic of the big nose guy starts the beginning of the trail

SSP 414 168.JPG

This guy marks the end of the bluff
SSP 414 213.JPG

I believe these guys are ancients of sorts,(Not sure which culture). There is alot of Spanish influence between these bookends. Some even shows ownership of the king of spain.

Pinwheel

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mdog thank you very much for doing that and for your understanding on that subject and thank you for the advise on the mound builders culture! I would have never thought of that. I thought I would show you guys another pic from this site. I would love to see some of you guy's pictures that you may have of some of this ancient stuff. ANCIENT 276.JPG

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Thanks to everyone for post. Another two cents worth. Okey dokey was right on the use of rectangles as the big attention getters. You will usually find the (how to solve it signs) at one of the corners. The type of people depicted by a truly ancient site can be all. On dtth's thread: Hernando Cortez Found, I posted a photo of a carved stone treasure chest that is 15 x20x30 feet. The quarter mile cliff leading to this has every type of peoples faces, including alien. I believe on ancient sites you cant tell the makers by the faces. Have fun with your site as it looks like a good one.

Hi Hoofer and Okie Dokie. Thanks for helping out. Here is Pic of a square that has been set about 40 feet high. I thought this one to be more of an attention getter. I have a pic of a big rectangle on the river bank not far away from this one. I am still looking for it. It may be on my wife's camera in a different file.

SSP 414 186.JPG

Pinwheel

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi Mdog and everyone. We have a bluff on a lesser tributary of the Mississippi. The bluff has been cut by that tributary. There is a nice path between the river and bluff now. The bluff is about 1/4 mile long and reaches 150 or more feet high. There is a network of profiles of different human type faces, numbers and letters. This area show alot of spanish influence but it also shows some ancient works as well.

This first pic of the big nose guy starts the beginning of the trail

View attachment 1002289

This guy marks the end of the bluff
View attachment 1002297

I believe these guys are ancients of sorts,(Not sure which culture). There is alot of Spanish influence between these bookends. Some even shows ownership of the king of spain.

Pinwheel

I'm familiar with this type of terrain and have found a lot of markers. How many of these things are at the bottom of the bluff, and have you looked around up on top? Does the ravine run north-south. If it does, the west bluff, up on top, could have some markers. Think east to west when you're looking for markers, especially if you think they are ancient. You mentioned numbers and letters, are these deep and clearly carved with a chisel and inside a square box would be good. There shouldn't be any mistake or guess work about what numbers or letters they are.

Latitudes are important, especially if you suspect ancient. Check the latitude at your site on Google Earth and then find the closest most prominent mound and check the latitude at that place. Look for important ceremonial type Mound Builder settlements in the counties to the east and west of you and see how the latitudes compare to your site. Remember, there were several Mound Builder cultures spanning thousands of years. What was a Mississippian site could have been an earlier Hopewell or Adena site. You will be looking for proof that the ancient cultures used latitude to set up their ceremonial sites.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Something else, how big is this site? And, if you have a section of a rock face on the bluff facing to the south, you might be able to see some shadow pointers early in the spring before the leaves open up.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello mdog thanks for the info. If you will take a close look at the picture I posted of the Turtle,Cow,Dragon what ever it my be you will see a perfect G on the rock that he is laying on. This site is fairly good size. Do you think that the Hopewell or Adena culture could have done some of this stuff? I know the Adena culture was 1200 to 3000 years before BP. IMG_0547.JPG Here is another look at the Dragon.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello mdog thanks for the info. If you will take a close look at the picture I posted of the Turtle,Cow,Dragon what ever it my be you will see a perfect G on the rock that he is laying on. This site is fairly good size. Do you think that the Hopewell or Adena culture could have done some of this stuff? I know the Adena culture was 1200 to 3000 years before BP. View attachment 1002411 Here is another look at the Dragon.

Yes, the G shows up better in your first picture of the formation. I'm not sure it's a G. This formation, does it looks like a turtle from this angle but are all the legs well defined? It looks like the turtle is a lot lighter than the rock that it's sitting on, is that right. If you follow the nose a few hundred feet, do you see a cave or overhang that could be used as a shelter?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Yes, I think any of the Mound Builder cultures could create something like this. They have done numerous intricate stone carvings, but usually on a much smaller scale.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good stuff guys,thanks for posting it.hopefully some more of the Ancient knowledge guys will post.theres more of them on here.i know i like reading the links, and there thoughts on the subjects.wish i could have been there when they posted on the Ancient fourm,before it got crashed.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You know mdog I have never thought about it like that. It is a fact that there were several different Native American cultures that have occupied this area going all the way back to the Dalton people (8000 to 12000 years BP). To the Hopewell, Adena, archaic and so on. Very interesting to say the least. Could it be a Ceremonial Place?

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Dog the treasure hunter thank you for posting that awesome big nose man as I like to call it. LOL Very cool pic my friend! I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on this ancient stuff. I would just really like to get everyone on the same page and have a good down home open discussion on whom/why what culture created these ( IN MY OPINION WORKS OF ART).

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread