Ancient Aztec/Myan, Spanish, and KGC trail.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Shortstack thanks for your post.You were speaking of serpents what do you think about this one? IMG_0550.JPG IMG_0551.JPG

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not sure that is a serpent. The upper and lower parts of the mouth, look more like beaks of a raptor. The rippled area of stone behind the "head" could be the boney, armor head piece of a raptor dinosaur or maybe a serotops (sp). I know that last is misspelled. The dino I'm thinking of was the one with the sharp upper and lower beak mouth and a flat armour plate behind it's head and a couple of horns that sweep straight forward. Stegosaurus is probably a better animal choice. Those are the animals carved into burial stones in Nasca graves and had men riding their backs.....like they were domesticated to work for humans. That may be what you have here.

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel:
That photo in post #53 looks like a dog, to me, laying down with his mouth opened like he's panting and resting after a tough trip, work assignment, or fight. The short, stout muzzle kinda reminds me of a St. Bernard or Great Pyrenees.....working dogs.

Hi ShortStack. Thanks for offering your opinion. I do agree with you on the head looking like a dog. But there is no neck. The body is heavy through the front shoulders and smaller in the hind quarters. That makes me think bull of sorts. The whole monument reminds me of the way the Egyptians would place animal heads on human bodies. I know some other ancient cultures did the same. The truth is, I barely have a working knowledge of the ancient Egyptians. I know almost nothing about the cultures that were here precolumbian.

The mouth is open on the dog looking head and as the monument morphs into the human face the mouth is open on that as well. So that message is confirmed. Both Springfield and Mdog agree it looks like an iguana to them. To my knowledge there have never been an iguana in this part of the world. I do believe that Identifying this monument correctly is key to the culture. I have been wondering if both the slaves and explorers were foreign to this land.

Hey SS I was just wondering if you had a chance to look at the pic that i opened this thread with and if you have an opinion on the giant reptile-ish type head. No one has addressed that pic yet and that one is bugging the heck out of me too.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im not sure how to post Spanish stuff as it is a trip down the rabbit hole. You either believe or you dont. Having the opportunity to explore real sites, some known and some not. I can say some good work has already been published. I would ask for your best references such as Kenworthy and others so I can add your research to my own. I dont just see rocks, but a story book of signs and characters. The places I am seeing was used by the ancient and new alike. The Spanish actually back filled some sites in and left the old Mayan works in tact. I am in the mind set they found a opening down below. But Scaffolding was built along with a tram and lift system made out of wood that is mind boggling. I have a thread started so a quick search will allow you see some of my best work. The Jessy picture above has my interest. The rock it is carved in is also found in one of my caves and the etching is legit. But the carving lacks black build up not seen in the picture. I think someone has cleaned out the carving for a better picture. I think some of the post are spot on. I deal with large carving and small stone work is hard for me to see anything with out magnification. I also have certain angles and light conditions I like to work with. A hand drawn picture along with the original photo side by side will help me see what your seeing. I can then add my limited experience to your search. Great post guys.

Last edited:

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Shortsack and Casca thanks for the posts. Very good information that you guy's have given. I like the way this thread is going. I think everyone see's that this place Pinwheel & I have discovered is going to be a very important learning tool for all of us guy's that have a passion for this stuff. I think if we all just come together on the subject's at hand we can all walk away from here a winner with the extra knowledge we have gained from each other. Like I have said before in a previous post ( This Site Is Truly Amazing) Pinwheel & I have seen a lot of things that are just truly Amazing! The only reason we have started this thread Is because we know that you guy's have the same passion that we do about this stuff and we thought that it would be a shame to keep this just to our eyes only and we also want to gain all the knowledge about this stuff that we can. I don't know any other guy's in the world that I would rather learn from or share this stuff with beside's you guys!Casa you are right the etchings in the cave are legit for sure. Here is another pic of the rock that they are on. 2013-12-27 13.00.00.jpg I would love to know what the ( HOSTO) means? It says Jessy James and hosto. The reason his name is not spelled correct is that it's part of a clue that he left. To the left of this is a coded map that he made also. If you will look at the M on James you will see a little arrow pointing to the center part of the M another code there also.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mdog you hit the nail on the head! On the post you made in post #58 I agree with you 100 percent on that!

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I'm going to post a couple pictures in case you guys have something similar. This first one shows the name SHORTy with all capitals but the y.

shorty 600.jpg

I think this is meant to show where a marker is. I believe the legs of the R and the y connect to show a terrain feature that is a narrow and deep ravine. Just up from the bottom of the ravine are two large rocks placed in such a way to form an T. I couldn't figure out why the nose was so damn ugly, but Hadji pointed out that they were deer tracks, which is what they look like.

The next picture is related to the shorty carving and shows that name in abstract.

037.jpg

I call this next one Jane Fonda and it is showing direction.

167.jpg

I've posted these before but I thought I'd do it again in case you guys have seen anything like them.

Last edited:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey SS I was just wondering if you had a chance to look at the pic that i opened this thread with and if you have an opinion on the giant reptile-ish type head. No one has addressed that pic yet and that one is bugging the heck out of me too.

Pinwheel:
That photo has so many human faces carved into the cliff that to circle all of them would just clutter the heck out of any markup. They are actually cheek to cheek and overlapping in some cases. BUT, I did outline, in yellow, the face of what looks to me like a turtle's face / head, with his mouth wide open.

Now, for the one thing you are not expecting. I think that you have captured the face of a spirit. I circled it in white, at the bottom. I changed the contrast, lighting, and even did a negative and it's still there. At first, I thought it was carved on the cliff, just inside the shadowed area, but when I lightened up that shadow, the face did not change. It stayed the same density. I'll let you make your own decision about it.

2013-12-27 13.49.10--Pinwheel-marked.jpg

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! That's some very good stuff right there Mdog. Thank you very much for showing us that! Now you see that's what I am talking about right there. To me that just put proof positive on my theory about the Y in the Jessy that Pinwheel & I have. As all of ya'll can see ( That the hillbilly coming out in me) LOL That's a prime example of what sharing good information with each other can do. Thank you again Mdog very nice! IMG_0497.JPG Mdog here is a R that I have found as well.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Jane Fonda is damn cool Mdog! The name is even better! LOL Shortstack I love the way your mind thinks! You have such an open mind about life and it's surrounding that I think is just awesome. I have felt the spirits at this place. Not bad spirits just guarding spirits. I think the spirits know that Pinwheel & I are the first people that have ever been there that are thinking about them when we are there. We are thinking about all the ones that have come before us who left all this amazing stuff for us to connect with and they know that.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Jane Fonda is damn cool Mdog! The name is even better! LOL Shortstack I love the way your mind thinks! You have such an open mind about life and it's surrounding that I think is just awesome. I have felt the spirits at this place. Not bad spirits just guarding spirits. I think the spirits know that Pinwheel & I are the first people that have ever been there that are thinking about them when we are there. We are thinking about all the ones that have come before us who left all this amazing stuff for us to connect with and they know that.

OTH:
I am not the only person on this forum who believes in the spirits that stay around the trails and sites. Some are on this thread. I have met at least 3 spirits in the flesh and did not realize who or what they were until later......each time. I'm thinking that the cognitive part of my mind was "dulled" each time so I wouldn't understand until after departing their company each time. It kinda reminds me of how we're told that God "dulled" the minds of the members of the Sanhedrin when they asked Jesus if he was Messiah and He answered "Yes". You see, Jesus cannot lie and therefore, when He said that He was (is) the Son of God, the Sanhedrin members could not be allowed to understand what he said......at that time.

Sorry, I didn't intend to post any religion based comment..............let's call it a comment on a HISTORICAL event. :)

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hello mdog thanks for the info. If you will take a close look at the picture I posted of the Turtle,Cow,Dragon what ever it my be you will see a perfect G on the rock that he is laying on. This site is fairly good size. Do you think that the Hopewell or Adena culture could have done some of this stuff? I know the Adena culture was 1200 to 3000 years before BP. View attachment 1002411 Here is another look at the Dragon.

You said that the Dragon is a lot lighter than the rock it is sitting on. Here is a light rock on top of a much darker rock at the place I'm studying.

600.jpg

This is set up exactly, and in the same type of terrain, as Kenworthy described on pages 8 and 9 of his book, Spanish Monuments and Trailmarkers to Treasure in the United States. This marker is in a narrow canyon by a spring. I had read this book and so when I found this marker, I assumed it was Spanish. After further research, and a lot of luck, I found that this formation hadn't been created until some time after 1870 and it wasn't set up by the Spanish, unless they brought some Spaniard in for the purpose of setting up the site. More than likely, it was set up by a group of German immigrants or their children. They set the site up using Spanish techniques....or were they Spanish techniques? There are many other markers and carvings here that I've seen in Kenworthy's books but who do they belong to? This only makes the interpretation of sites like this more confusing. Just something to keep in mind while you are trying to figure out your site. Also, the guys who did the site where I am, they didn't care if anybody saw their signs or symbols. They didn't care if anybody destroyed a marker or added something to it. They didn't need the markers. Springfield has been writing about such things for a long time. I'm a real big fan of his book, New Mexico Confidential: 30 Years of Snooping in Obscure Places: Stephen D Clark: 9781481062961: Amazon.com: Books, and I think it would help you guys out if you read it.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Hi guys. In this pic of the big nose guy he looks burdened like he is a slave being worked to death. I have seen some monuments Of Amerindians that looks like this. This guy does not look Indian to me. If This is the case it makes me wonder who this race of people were and who was the people who took them as slaves.

View attachment 1002664
This is what the monument looks like from another vista. Being able to Identify this animal correctly will probably reveal the proper culture. In one regard it makes me think Bull, then a lion, but the head is not right. It could be one type of animal body with another type of animal head. I just don't know yet. I'm still studying it.

Pinwheel

Here's another picture from where I am. The head is similar to your formation but mine is a lot bigger.:laughing7: This rock also has some drill holes in it that I have not spent any time trying to figure out.

600 marker.jpg

This rock is facing the trail out of the site. I'd like to be able to get a closer look to see if I can find any evidence of chisel marks but it's on a steep hill and my knees aren't as strong as they used to be. In fact, nothing is as strong as it used to be.:censored:

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hey Mdog. I was standing in line when springfield's book came off the press. What a fascinating read.

Pinwheel

OP
OP
P

Pinwheel

Mar 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Pinwheel:
That photo has so many human faces carved into the cliff that to circle all of them would just clutter the heck out of any markup. They are actually cheek to cheek and overlapping in some cases. BUT, I did outline, in yellow, the face of what looks to me like a turtle's face / head, with his mouth wide open.

Now, for the one thing you are not expecting. I think that you have captured the face of a spirit. I circled it in white, at the bottom. I changed the contrast, lighting, and even did a negative and it's still there. At first, I thought it was carved on the cliff, just inside the shadowed area, but when I lightened up that shadow, the face did not change. It stayed the same density. I'll let you make your own decision about it.

View attachment 1003734

Thanks ShortStack. I had not seen that face inside the cave before. After I examined it I think it may be the way the ceiling is carved just inside the cave entrance.We have another cave similar to that.

In this Pic the Indian profile is looking into the cave and not out.
SSP 414 005.JPG

Pinwheel

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of these post could easily be on a thread by themselves. Since I dont have boots on the ground on your trails I would only be guessing. SS is very good at finding faces, and when they have to do with a cave your best to search the area very closely. As for the letter "y". I have found it marking the trail splitting into two trails. Most likely for the peon so he didnt wander onto the kings trail. Being in a cave does tend to change that meaning. Im sure you have heard what is above, is also below. I never find things by themselves, I would keep looking for the light or above ground version.

The letter "m" having a arrow could mean upside down. But I would make a outline of the rock and then find matching landscape with a valley in it. If you have watched the new Lone Ranger movie with Johnny Depp in it. You may remember a scene where the Comanche coin was used to identify a mountain full of silver. That is the best way I can explain it.

Im wondering what is on these trails before and after?

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
WOW ! That's some very good stuff right there Mdog. Thank you very much for showing us that! Now you see that's what I am talking about right there. To me that just put proof positive on my theory about the Y in the Jessy that Pinwheel & I have. As all of ya'll can see ( That the hillbilly coming out in me) LOL That's a prime example of what sharing good information with each other can do. Thank you again Mdog very nice! View attachment 1003735 Mdog here is a R that I have found as well.

OTH, I made a mistake on that Shorty post. The two rocks formed a T and not an R.

on the hunt

Feb 26, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mdog again some very good information you have posted! I really do thank you for all your post & pic's. I am learning a lot of things that I may have never ever learned if it wasn't for the great things that you have already posted. Mdog we haven't found any runes as of yet. The site you are working does look like the same type terrain that Pinwheel and I are working in. You have to work to get to our site and it looks like you have to do the same. Casca thank you for all your post and all the good info that you have provided. 2014-04-12 18.35.47.jpg Ok guys hear is another awesome monument that Pinwheel and I have discovered. Like I said I think it would be a shame to not show you guys some of these's awesome monuments that Pinwheel & I have discovered. I would love to hear everyone's thoughts on the ( hosto ) that Jessy left behind. I am stumped on that and it has been driving me crazy trying to figure it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread