What's new

Ancient Coin Help I.D.?

tokenhead

Hero Member
Joined
Feb 14, 2006
Messages
848
Reaction score
65
Golden Thread
0
Location
Erie,PA.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello2:,Hello everybody !!!...I found this about 4-5in.down outside an old farm house in the middle of nowhere in Erie,County PA.(!!?!!),Oviously it is corroded&not very identifiable but i did the best to take clear pic's...I havn't sized(MM)it yet but approx size of U.S.dime.I have added "comparasion pics that i feel come close to mine.So ANY help on this will be greatly appreciated.If i left anything out please inform&if in wrong place please move( :notworthy:,jeff of pa./PBK)...HH ALL !!!
P.S. 2nd&3rd. image is of back both ways(upside down,etc.)image 5 6&7 are for comparison NOT what i own,that is 1st. 3
 

Attachments

  • Picture 2536.webp
    Picture 2536.webp
    26 KB · Views: 363
  • Picture 2537.webp
    Picture 2537.webp
    22.2 KB · Views: 350
  • Picture 2538.webp
    Picture 2538.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 343
  • SNGANS_0833.webp
    SNGANS_0833.webp
    21.9 KB · Views: 354
  • index543.webp
    index543.webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 355
looks like a Roman coin to me :o
 
Upvote 0
yes!!! i manage to solve this one i think so...
looks like roman BC coin maybe 200 -100 year..not sure i said this just like that without looking around.
i think it is a ROMA with part of a galley on one side and other side with some goddess.
that is my first impression.
greetings
 
Upvote 0
looks Greek, circa 200 BC
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • b3819.webp
    b3819.webp
    76.6 KB · Views: 256
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
I would guess Greek coin. Neat find tokenhead :icon_thumright: What metal is it?

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/alexander.htm
:notworthy:,Thank You IronSpike!!! Look's good(your image in post),Mine appears to be BRONZE,little heaveier(?)then copper...I know the shape is not very good but beside my personal value doe's it have any in this con.? A :icon_thumright:,To ALL that replyed!!! HH ALL!!! :read2:
 
Upvote 0
tokenhead said:
IronSpike said:
I would guess Greek coin. Neat find tokenhead :icon_thumright: What metal is it?

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/alexander.htm
:notworthy:,Thank You IronSpike!!! Look's good(your image in post),Mine appears to be BRONZE,little heaveier(?)then copper...I know the shape is not very good but beside my personal value doe's it have any in this con.? A :icon_thumright:,To ALL that replyed!!! HH ALL!!! :read2:

I think your personal value of the coin is the most valuable :hello2: I don't know enough about ancient coins to give you a better answer :read2:
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
tokenhead said:
IronSpike said:
I would guess Greek coin. Neat find tokenhead :icon_thumright: What metal is it?

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/alexander.htm
:notworthy:,Thank You IronSpike!!! Look's good(your image in post),Mine appears to be BRONZE,little heaveier(?)then copper...I know the shape is not very good but beside my personal value doe's it have any in this con.? A :icon_thumright:,To ALL that replyed!!! HH ALL!!! :read2:

I think your personal value of the coin is the most valuable :hello2: I don't know enough about ancient coins to give you a better answer :read2:
THIS EARLY ROMAN ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN GREEK ONES..I HAD JUST ONCE OPPORTUNITY TO GET IT WITH MD ON MY SITE AND IT WAS SAME ERA BUT WAS GALLEY WITH JANUS DOUBLE HEAD AND SESTERTIUS SIZE.
THIS COINS ARE RARE ALSO BECAUSE THEY WERE MOLD COINS NOT STRUCK SO YOU CANNOT MAKE THEM SO MUCK AND SO QUICK.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks info LaZoOro :icon_thumright: Green check on this one :thumbsup:

So rare for it's type would make it a $75 coin :read2: ?
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
tokenhead said:
IronSpike said:
I would guess Greek coin. Neat find tokenhead :icon_thumright: What metal is it?

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/alexander.htm
:notworthy:,Thank You IronSpike!!! Look's good(your image in post),Mine appears to be BRONZE,little heaveier(?)then copper...I know the shape is not very good but beside my personal value doe's it have any in this con.? A :icon_thumright:,To ALL that replyed!!! HH ALL!!! :read2:

I think your personal value of the coin is the most valuable :hello2: I don't know enough about ancient coins to give you a better answer :read2:
Exactly what i thought but was just hopeing...I'll "put it away"for my grandson(3yrs.old) :thumbsup:,HH ALL!!!
 
Upvote 0
LaZoOro said:
IronSpike said:
tokenhead said:
IronSpike said:
I would guess Greek coin. Neat find tokenhead :icon_thumright: What metal is it?

http://www.newworldtreasures.com/alexander.htm
:notworthy:,Thank You IronSpike!!! Look's good(your image in post),Mine appears to be BRONZE,little heaveier(?)then copper...I know the shape is not very good but beside my personal value doe's it have any in this con.? A :icon_thumright:,To ALL that replyed!!! HH ALL!!! :read2:

I think your personal value of the coin is the most valuable :hello2: I don't know enough about ancient coins to give you a better answer :read2:
THIS EARLY ROMAN ARE MORE VALUABLE THAN GREEK ONES..I HAD JUST ONCE OPPORTUNITY TO GET IT WITH MD ON MY SITE AND IT WAS SAME ERA BUT WAS GALLEY WITH JANUS DOUBLE HEAD AND SESTERTIUS SIZE.
THIS COINS ARE RARE ALSO BECAUSE THEY WERE MOLD COINS NOT STRUCK SO YOU CANNOT MAKE THEM SO MUCK AND SO QUICK.
:notworthy:,LaZoOro thank you for all the help...Molding would make sence as there is a "lip" at end,like pulled from mold&all "flash"not removed... :thumbsup:, :read2:,HH ALL !!!
 
Upvote 0
NO PROBLEM! MY PLEASURE.
YES THEY HAD MOLDS FOR COUPLE OF COINS SO THEY WERE CONNECTED AND THEY HAVE ALL THIS TAILS.
MUCH LUCK
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom