What's new

Ancient indian spoon

zain

Tenderfoot
Joined
Nov 28, 2008
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Hi everybody here!
i m from pakistan and i found a spoon while digging for home.If any body can solve my problem in identifying its age and value i will be thankfull to that.
 

Attachments

  • spoon.webp
    spoon.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 888
Cool spoon :icon_sunny:

What does the back look like?
 
Upvote 0
I can't help with the scene motive in the spoon. I'm sure someone this forum will be able to provide info.

By the way: Welcome to Tnet :thumbsup:

How big is the spoon?
 
Upvote 0
What scene is depicted in the bowl of the spoon? It looks like someone fighting a giant scorpion. Am I correct? :dontknow:

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Or maybe it's only the tale of a serpent? The serpent head is about midway on the spoon with another man fighting it.
 
Upvote 0
They are called Figural Spoons.

Tony
 

Attachments

  • aa770a.webp
    aa770a.webp
    4.1 KB · Views: 1,030
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
What scene is depicted in the bowl of the spoon? It looks like someone fighting a giant scorpion. Am I correct? :dontknow:

DCMatt
No this is a child which holds tail of serpent in his left hand. thnks
 
Upvote 0
IronSpike said:
I can't help with the scene motive in the spoon. I'm sure someone this forum will be able to provide info.

By the way: Welcome to Tnet :thumbsup:

How big is the spoon?
the spoon is exactly 6 inch long
DCMatt said:
What scene is depicted in the bowl of the spoon? It looks like someone fighting a giant scorpion. Am I correct? :dontknow:

DCMatt
IronSpike said:
Cool spoon :icon_sunny:

What does the back look like?
the back is clean i mean no such figures are on the back.
 
Upvote 0
It is a Hindu ritual spoon featuring Siva, Parvati, and their son Kartikeya (in the bowl). Pictured is a modern spoon:

thaibronzecerem.jpg


You will need an expert to determine the age.

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Great ID DCMatt :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
It is a Hindu ritual spoon featuring Siva, Parvati, and their son Kartikeya (in the bowl). Pictured is a modern spoon:

thaibronzecerem.jpg


You will need an expert to determine the age.

DCMatt
thanks DCMatt for the job
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom