What's new

And some more

drizzlermibs

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2015
Messages
1,138
Reaction score
165
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8745.webp
    IMG_8745.webp
    479.5 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_8746.webp
    IMG_8746.webp
    412.1 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8747.webp
    IMG_8747.webp
    551.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_8748.webp
    IMG_8748.webp
    618.8 KB · Views: 77
The first one is known as an alley patch. This type was dug at the sistersville alley factory. Other akro marbles were also dug there and a common concensus is that akro made them and they ended up in the glass pile at alley with the other akros, but none have showed up in original packaging from akro or alley, and I know a collector who has cullet that matches from the alley site, so some think they were made at the alley factory. There are several out there, so I would think they made it to the public as a production marble and looking at the seams and glass, it does look to be Akro, so I am of the belief that they are akros until other evidence turns up to show otherwise.

The nest 2 are akros, the 4th I don't know, and the last is Master.
 
The first one is known as an alley patch. This type was dug at the sistersville alley factory. Other akro marbles were also dug there and a common concensus is that akro made them and they ended up in the glass pile at alley with the other akros, but none have showed up in original packaging from akro or alley, and I know a collector who has cullet that matches from the alley site, so some think they were made at the alley factory. There are several out there, so I would think they made it to the public as a production marble and looking at the seams and glass, it does look to be Akro, so I am of the belief that they are akros until other evidence turns up to show otherwise.


The nest 2 are akros, the 4th I don't know, and the last is Master.

Bit confusing for me (don't take much!) Known as an Alley Patch but you believe Akro. Do you have one?
 
Yes, I have several. They were called alley patches because someone found a lot of them at the alley factory, but that doesn't mean Alley made them. A lot of other Akros were found there...so...

I posted about these here before a couple years ago. I was hopeful at the time that maybe Alley did make them, and they may have but I lean akro. I was 50/50 on them back when I posted about them here and some other member got on here trying to tell me that alley did not make them and of course I had to argue the other side, just because I know that he didn't know for a fact WHO made them...but I can argue either side of this debate. Until they show up in original packaging somewhere, we'll never know without a doubt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom