prolab69

Bronze Member
Oct 8, 2007
in the stix of NY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Fisher CZ-3D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So after Mud(swat) and I hunted one of our local parks we stopped at the store for some refreshments, and in my change they gave me 4 wheats. So I asked the lady at the register, "Any chance you have 2 rolls in pennies for a buck? ...she looked at me a little strange, but she did cash my bill. some little kid must have been stealing from dads jar because both rolls were all wheats, either that or gas is so high people are changing them in for gas money. So over all it was a pretty good day, scored a small silver ring at the park, dug a few wheats and a nice 1900 Barber dime. 3rd ring for the year, and my 3rd Barber dime for the year. and I was able to fill in many spaces for my wheat folders. Mud(swat) says "you know how many holes you would have to dig to get 100 wheats? lol!!
thanks for looking,
enjoy the pics
Pro-

Attachments

• wheats.JPG
    wheats.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 404
  • ring-dime.JPG
    ring-dime.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 408
Upvote 0
Sweet looking silver, Congrats!!!
Nice job scoring all those wheats as well...
Continued Good luck, & Happy hunting~

Im waiting for a rainy day to go through them all, I dug about 50 wheats this year but ive been just tossing them in a jar for when im ready to clean them up, there were a few early ones in the batch, 1910-1912 but didnt check them all out. the end of the year I should have some great pictures for my year end totals, I usually throw a few in a knotted sock and just toss them in with the laundry instead of scrubbing them one at a time. I just wish I got to that store earlier, maybe I could have gotten an extra roll or two.

prolab69 said:
Im waiting for a rainy day to go through them all, I dug about 50 wheats this year but ive been just tossing them in a jar for when im ready to clean them up, there were a few early ones in the batch, 1910-1912 but didnt check them all out. the end of the year I should have some great pictures for my year end totals, I usually throw a few in a knotted sock and just toss them in with the laundry instead of scrubbing them one at a time. I just wish I got to that store earlier, maybe I could have gotten an extra roll or two.

Does that laundry idea actually work?

Good story about the wheats :thumbsup: Some kid probably needed candy money from dad's collection ::)
That barber dime looks very nice. Nice huntin'.

Does that laundry idea actually work?

It actually does a great job in getting all the dirt out of the small spaces, I dont think id try it on anything but wheats and clad though, unless your only washing one coin, then they wont scratch together.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back