What's new

Anderson Hitch - nope, not a hitch - it belongs on a power line

Bramblefind

Silver Member
Joined
Nov 26, 2009
Messages
2,966
Reaction score
4,024
Golden Thread
0
Location
New York
Detector(s) used
T2/F75 SE
Is this a hitch for a tractor? It is about 4" long and 1.75" wide. It is marked "Anderson RC-30" on one side and "8 0 52-5 E" on the other. I know it is modern era but any clue as to when it was made? I dug it out beside a farm lane.

Thanks!

2e6abt2.jpg
 
Re: Anderson Hitch

Part of a block and tackle maybe?
Newt
 
Upvote 0
Re: Anderson Hitch

A clevis & pin for a electrical suspension insulator system. The insulator had a cup that hung on the pin. Actual name????
 
Upvote 0
Re: Anderson Hitch

I hope I am looking at the right thing--

This?

2yxkufp.jpg


That is a great id! There are big lines at the end of the lane. It must have fallen out of one the of the trucks when they were accessing them.

Thank you! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
Yes sir.....thats it. I work for the Power Company. The Linemen have those on their trucks.
It should'a made your detector sing......lol.
 
Upvote 0
Eventually I'll get one right.
Newt
 
Upvote 0
These guys don't know what they're talking about....it's a very cumbersome slingshot! :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
:laughing7: My first thought when I found it was that it was a saddle horn.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom