What's new

Anderson shaft for excalibur

jsolo

Greenie
Joined
Jul 12, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Any excalibur users I am going to get a anderson shaft which one to get ? The dealer has a over and under or a long shaft. Im new to this site but not detecting.I have been detecting about 25 years mostly relics here in G.A. This will be my first minelab but cant wait to start learning the machine.
 
Upvote 0
I just got one 3 weeks ago, carbon fiber long shaft. I was surprised that I had asked some questions on line to Anderson Shafts and they not only responded quickly but also called me. I ordered from Kellyco and received it right away. I can say this " It is QUALITY"
 
I have the long shaft on both my excals. I went from pushing minelab's stock ( boat oar ) shaft 2hrs to hunting a 10 hr day. The balance is excellent. Never used the under the arm shaft so can't comment. Kevin
 
Going with the over and under carbon fiber and sunspot stealth scoop.
 
Not a bad choice, consider a carbon, lower. How are you fixted for a treasure pouch?

And with that scoop nothing will from you! :icon_pirat:
 
I got my excal.I thought it was heavy until I picked up my sunspot scoop now thats heavy lol I got the sunspot 8 Its huge and very well made
they are costly.I went with the anderson carbon fiber also now I need to find something.
 
I had the Anderson over/under on my Excal. It was a major improvement from the stock piece of !@#$. However it still got heavy, particularly on long hunts. I now have a 3 piece travel shaft from Plugger with the mount behind the elbow. It is basically a long shaft that breaks down for travel. Personally I think the long shaft is much better than the over/under for balance. In addition it seems to be a longer shaft so I feel it has greater reach when I swing the coil. Also you can leave off the behind the elbow section and use it with a hip mount - very flexible setup.
 
:headbang:
i also have the over/under from kellyco. i also got the swingythingy to go with it. i live only a short trip from kellyco so i picked it up myself.
its like a history museum that does not charge to get in. great place!! great prices!!
 
hi Tony in FL,
could you give me a recomendation on the Plugger travel shaft? I have been considering buying one. thank you,
Alan
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom