Anderson shaft for excalibur

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
Any excalibur users I am going to get a anderson shaft which one to get ? The dealer has a over and under or a long shaft. Im new to this site but not detecting.I have been detecting about 25 years mostly relics here in G.A. This will be my first minelab but cant wait to start learning the machine.

Upvote 0

Les West Central Fl

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just got one 3 weeks ago, carbon fiber long shaft. I was surprised that I had asked some questions on line to Anderson Shafts and they not only responded quickly but also called me. I ordered from Kellyco and received it right away. I can say this " It is QUALITY"

Kevin in IN

Feb 21, 2011
N.Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov.GT , Explorer SE Pro , Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the long shaft on both my excals. I went from pushing minelab's stock ( boat oar ) shaft 2hrs to hunting a 10 hr day. The balance is excellent. Never used the under the arm shaft so can't comment. Kevin

OP
OP
J

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
Going with the over and under carbon fiber and sunspot stealth scoop.

Chi Town Bruce

Nov 4, 2006
Not a bad choice, consider a carbon, lower. How are you fixted for a treasure pouch?

And with that scoop nothing will from you! :icon_pirat:

OP
OP
J

jsolo

Greenie
Jul 12, 2011
I got my excal.I thought it was heavy until I picked up my sunspot scoop now thats heavy lol I got the sunspot 8 Its huge and very well made
they are costly.I went with the anderson carbon fiber also now I need to find something.

Tony in FL

Nov 7, 2009
Gulf Coast Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had the Anderson over/under on my Excal. It was a major improvement from the stock piece of !@#$. However it still got heavy, particularly on long hunts. I now have a 3 piece travel shaft from Plugger with the mount behind the elbow. It is basically a long shaft that breaks down for travel. Personally I think the long shaft is much better than the over/under for balance. In addition it seems to be a longer shaft so I feel it has greater reach when I swing the coil. Also you can leave off the behind the elbow section and use it with a hip mount - very flexible setup.

urdaboss

Nov 15, 2009
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
:headbang:
i also have the over/under from kellyco. i also got the swingythingy to go with it. i live only a short trip from kellyco so i picked it up myself.
its like a history museum that does not charge to get in. great place!! great prices!!

jollystriker

Greenie
Apr 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi Tony in FL,
could you give me a recomendation on the Plugger travel shaft? I have been considering buying one. thank you,
Alan

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread