Attachments

• 1880.jpg
    1880.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 615
  • 1880b.jpg
    1880b.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 592
Upvote 0
very nice.....is it really 1880 :icon_scratch: or is that when they started making beer?

kevkirki said:
very nice.....is it really 1880 :icon_scratch: or is that when they started making beer?

They started making beer in the mid 1800's. Here is some info from the Anheuser Busch website:

"In 1879, the company was renamed the Anheuser-Busch Brewing Association to recognize Adolphus’ efforts. The following year, upon the death of Eberhard Anheuser, Adolphus became president of the brewery."

Neat find.

Ewww..that's a cool token, Don!! :icon_thumright:

Nana :hello:

WOOOOOOW :notworthy: :notworthy: I have dug literally 100s of tokens, not one of those,, Congrats :headbang: :headbang:

Very neat find

PikesPeakCharlie said:
WOOOOOOW :notworthy: :notworthy: I have dug literally 100s of tokens, not one of those,, Congrats :headbang: :headbang:

I found another token in the same yard that was another new one for me. It was an Edwards & Sloane Jewelry Store token from Kansas City.

Trezurehunter said:
Nice looking token.

here is a better picture after cleaning.

Attachments

• scan0018.jpg
    scan0018.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 361
  • scan0020.jpg
    scan0020.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 368
Yuengling brewery is the oldest brewery in the US....1829 Pottstown, PA......but I'm sure the old Germans were brewing it long before that.......good find :occasion14:

Nice token, great job cleanin it up as well

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back