tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey Hey,

Time to let the cat out of the bag. Today's "meeting" was a job interview.

I've been out of the railroad industry for almost a year. Though my retail career has provided enough to pay the bills, we're still well short of where we want to be. After going on several interviews with 2 different railroads over the last year and getting rejected, I stumbled upon one in North Carolina last week.

Long story short, I was offered a job today. I'm going to be a Conductor/Locomotive Engineer again. (YAY!!)

My CRH'ing will have to take a back seat for awhile. By no means am I leaving the forum, just curtailing the hobby.

H$H!!
TGB

Upvote 0

madwest

Jun 24, 2011
Wisconsin
Primary Interest:
Other
tallguybry said:
Hey Hey,

Time to let the cat out of the bag. Today's "meeting" was a job interview.

I've been out of the railroad industry for almost a year. Though my retail career has provided enough to pay the bills, we're still well short of where we want to be. After going on several interviews with 2 different railroads over the last year and getting rejected, I stumbled upon one in North Carolina last week.

Long story short, I was offered a job today. I'm going to be a Conductor/Locomotive Engineer again. (YAY!!)

My CRH'ing will have to take a back seat for awhile. By no means am I leaving the forum, just curtailing the hobby.

H$H!!
TGB

I foresee a regular turn in your future where you pick up at your home terminal and dump while on the road.

47thelement

Bronze Member
Jan 8, 2009
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excal, ACE 250 for my son
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey bry! What's you function?

Sorry couldn't resist.

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Farchaus2k said:
How does one go about getting a job like that??

Well, my 14 years of experience in the railroad industry helps. If you are new into the industry, the best thing I can tell you is put your resume out there. Most railroads are "on-call" operations, but there are a few (like the one I interviewed with today) that run their crews on a schedule. The Railroad is not for everyone. It's dangerous, but it pays well.

H$H!!
TGB

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
47thelement said:

Sorry couldn't resist.

My function?? If you're asking what I will be doing, I'll start out working the ground as a Conductor, then I'll be "driving" trains once I am comfortable with being a Conductor.

H$H!!
TGB

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for the congrats guys! I'll be making double what I am making now as a Conductor, and almost three times what I am making now as a Locomotive Engineer.

H$H!!
TGB

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
tallguybry said:
47thelement said:

Sorry couldn't resist.

My function?? If you're asking what I will be doing, I'll start out working the ground as a Conductor, then I'll be "driving" trains once I am comfortable with being a Conductor.

H$H!!
TGB

I think 47th was referring to the classic School House Rock - Conjunction Junction (What's your funtion?). It depicts a RR conductor.

OP
OP
tallguybry

tallguybry

Jan 12, 2012
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Other
Diver_Down said:
tallguybry said:
47thelement said:

Sorry couldn't resist.

H$H!!
TGB

I think 47th was referring to the classic School House Rock - Conjunction Junction (What's your funtion?). It depicts a RR conductor.

LOL! Got it!!

No wonder I didn't get it. "Conjunction Junction" aired in 1973 and I was born in 1979!!

H$H!!
TGB

bblair

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Congrats TGB. Getting paid more $$$ means more money to CRH!

sack0silver

Feb 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Salary increase and a job and whatnot is nice, but get to the good stuff already...can you make a pit stop to dump some coinage a few 100 miles out or what? :headbang:

SFBayArea

Bronze Member
Aug 28, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
In these tough times, congrats from someone who is also born in 79.

Brush64

Oct 30, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratulations on the new job...I wish you well!! That's great news.

So...until you get back into the CRH swing of things...can I borrow your cool bag cart?? :tongue3:

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
'grats on the job! :icon_thumleft:

When your blowing by my house in the middle of the night, lay off the horn. OK? :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread