What's new

Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!! ***UPDATED WITH TOTALS AND PICTURE***

Shake-N-Bake

Hero Member
Joined
Dec 5, 2007
Messages
647
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
hello all,
I got another 12 boxes of pennies today. I have done the first 2 then I realize that I was getting A LOT of BU older coins. I started keeping track and foud that i found a whole roll of 1981 near BU, and a bunch of 1979, 1974, 1982's that were perfect red shiny copper cents. I also got 49 wheats from the first two boxes. I will update later with final totals.

Enjoy the pic...

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • 9-24-09coins1.webp
    9-24-09coins1.webp
    47.8 KB · Views: 350
  • 9-24-09coins2.webp
    9-24-09coins2.webp
    73.4 KB · Views: 333
  • 9-24-09coins3.webp
    9-24-09coins3.webp
    68.3 KB · Views: 349
Upvote 0
Re: Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!!

:thumbsup:
 
Re: Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Re: Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!!

So far I think your doing great. :thumbsup:
 
Re: Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!!

so you haven't gone totally insane yet with all those pennies ;D nice finds :thumbsup:
 
Re: Another 12 Boxes of pennies!!!

mistergee said:
so you haven't gone totally insane yet with all those pennies ;D nice finds :thumbsup:

I was already insane so what is the next step.... I am about 5 boxes deep so far and the totals are:

wheats = 78

1974 BU's = 150+
1980 BU's = 100+
1981 BU's = 300+

not sure what is up with the BU's but I am not complaining.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
OK totals are in.....

12 boxes of pennies searched.

Wheats = 174 (1909, 1912, 1914, 1919,1920 are a few of the older ones)

1974, 1980, 1981, 1982 very RED shiney BU's = about 1,000 (check out the monster pile of the BU's

The BU coins are some of the nicest I have ever seen, even Original bank roll that I have puchased dont look this nice. not sure where they came form but they are very, very nice.

I am picking up another $300 worth of pennies today ;D (12 boxes)

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 

Attachments

  • 9-26-09coins.webp
    9-26-09coins.webp
    52.5 KB · Views: 209
  • 9-26-09coins1.webp
    9-26-09coins1.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 9-26-09coins2.webp
    9-26-09coins2.webp
    57.8 KB · Views: 200
that is a crazy amount of BU coins. now the million dollar question.What are you going to do with them?
 
mistergee said:
that is a crazy amount of BU coins. now the million dollar question.What are you going to do with them?

I wish I had the million dollar answer. trade them for your BU Franklins. :o NO, huh... I am going to keep a roll for myself and probably sell or trade the rest. Roll prices for these are cheap but the MS-65 red price is high, and some of these are easy MS-65 to MS-67 grade. I just had a dealer pick out a couple of them that he liked and gave me $5 a piece for them. So I cant complain. A 1981 MS-66Red books for $40, but it is all what people are willing to pay for them...

Well off to pick up 12 more boxes.

Happy Hunting,
Jason
 
wow i didn't realize they went for that much....if you can find enough buyers you could turn a tidy profit :thumbsup:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom