Another 1961-D Silver Dime on a short City Park hunt.

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found with my Whites MX5 under a tree root at about 4 or 5 inches. This is the same park where I found a 1600's 1/2 real Spanish silver cob(the one in my avatar). Total $1.38 face in clad + silver dime worth $1.23 silver melt (at current silver price of $16.97 per oz.) We have found several older silver coins here in the past.....Happy with silver!
laughing7.gif

006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG

Last edited:
Upvote 7
Nice one..
Thank You.......silver coins even at the current price, do mount up.....I plan to save all silver until it gets over $35 ounce.....which may be sooner than later if the dollar takes a tumble. I also have rolls & rolls of 95% copper cents, copper wire & copper tubing found in the last several years, not to mention brass & bronze found items.....again like to see copper get back over $3.50 lb. which is right now only $2.75 lb. Thanks for looking.

HH
Bill

Congratulations Colonel. You have been killing it lately.
charlie

Hi Charlie.......nice to see your post.....I am still trying to learn the Whites MX5 after 6 months. It is a killer on quarters and dimes, like your AT Pro. I remember when you found that nice seated Half dollar pictured in your avatar......Hope you been able to get out lately.....please keep us posted on any recent finds.....GOOD LUCK!!

HH
Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back