Another ACE Camo Hunt In The Frozen Tundra Today

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
harveys2.jpg

Off one day today in a stretch of ten. I finished the Honey-do list, so I figured another hunt was in order. I popped a hand warmer on top of the ACE batteries to keep them warm, put on the Camo Cover then headed to Harvey's for a great burger.

tubingtemp2.jpg

I headed to a different hill, where some friendly folks were tubing. It was a little milder today then last week, but still cold. Here's the main settings I had on the ACE. Not full sensitivity, as I didn't want to dig deep targets out of the tundra.

winteracefinds2.jpg

Here's the finds for today. I literally had to chip/hack some of those targets out of the frozen soil. Luckily, I was using the pin pointer, and none of the coins got bent, as I knew exactly where they were at all times.​

Attachments

• first coin.jpg
    first coin.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 701
Upvote 0
Cool hunt! (nice burger too ::))

Sledding hills are the only option around Chicago as well :D

BTW, how do you like your Pro Pointer? I just got one and only had a chance to use it once.

Take care,
watercolor

Nice. Maybe rough digging but looks like a good time out.

watercolor said:
Cool hunt! (nice burger too ::))

Sledding hills are the only option around Chicago as well :D

BTW, how do you like your Pro Pointer? I just got one and only had a chance to use it once.

Take care,
watercolor

I really like it. It's the only pinpointer that I have ever used that keeps on working regardless of the temperatures outside.

That's a whole different kind of ice fishing there! You made some nice catches!

Nice hunt John and gosh that burger looks good.

Keep digging!

Nice finds! Much more dedicated than me! Of course, I work night shift and spend enough time outside then. I'm usually ready to come home, get warm, and sleep for the rest of the day!

Nice idea on the hand warmer! And thanks for the info on the Garrett pinpointer. Been curious about that model.

And I thought it was cold here this morning at 13 degrees. :tard:
I agree with beetle662, much more dedicated than me.
Happy Hunting,
Ed

Congradulations on the finds those are hard earned in that kind of weather ! One word BURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

I just listed you in my top 10 of all time hard core hunters! :thumbsup:
Man that looked cold out there.

DN

You are hard core John,
20 degrees is my limit for winter hunting, mostly due to the soil conditions rather than temps.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back