Another Awesome Day CW Relic Hunting with Some Rare and Surprise Firsts!!

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hello all,

My hunting buddy called thismorning and asked if I wanted to get out and do some relic huntin. I've been stuck in the house for the last few days due to a nasty cold, so of course, I said YES! He took me to an old Civil War camp that he used to hunt and warned me that there was a lot of period tin trash. We got to hunting and he wasn't kidding!! I was digging piece after piece of tin sardine cans, drinking cups, and even a nice tin canteen spout. It was really hard hunting, but I managed some really nice relics. I dug my first Williams Cleaner bullet, Eagle I Kepi Button, and a scarce Infantry Kepi Bugle!! I also found two musket caps, one fired minnie, one fired Williams Cleaner, one dropped minnie, one toasted Eagle button, half of a heart shaped padlock, and lots of other iron pieces. I'm sure it probably wasn't a good idea to go out with a cold, and I know I'll feel the effects of it in the morning, but it was well worth it!

HH!

Fox

Attachments

• DSCN1089.JPG
    DSCN1089.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 700
  • RSCN1108.JPG
    RSCN1108.JPG
    302.6 KB · Views: 666
  • RSCN1107.JPG
    RSCN1107.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 649
  • RSCN1106.JPG
    RSCN1106.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 650
  • DSCN1103.JPG
    DSCN1103.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 665
  • DSCN1093.JPG
    DSCN1093.JPG
    161.6 KB · Views: 668
  • DSCN1092.JPG
    DSCN1092.JPG
    188.7 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCN1091.JPG
    DSCN1091.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 664
  • DSCN1090.JPG
    DSCN1090.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 672
Upvote 0

mretrackr

Sep 17, 2010
WOW nice CW goodies!!! I love the high trash sites they are the liest hunted. the hunter with the most patience will prevail !!! You proved it.....

Good luck and happy hunting!!

mikeB

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice day of relic hunting :thumbsup: The Enlisted Bugle is a fairly common one,too bad you couldn't find the other piece's

spitfire55

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2008
Fresno, CA.
Detector(s) used
(Whites) MXT, MXT PRO, SURF PRO/PI and COINMASTER 5500/D, (Fisher) GOLDBUG. AT PRO(Garrett), CTX 3030(Mine Lab).
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectra V3i, D2, 6x10DD, 4x6DD, Super-12, 8x14DD
Great finds! I am glad to see that I am not the only one to dig up a mountain of sardine tins while relic hunting south of Louisville.

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the replies everyone. My hunting buddy is going to have surgery on Thursday, so we're going to try and bet back out to that site on Wednesday. With any luck we'll come back with another haul of relics!

KYBuzzBox, what part of Kentucky are you from?

HH!

Fox

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Hi FoxHound,

I live just north of Elizabethtown in a small place called Rineyville (think bugtussel :laughing7:). I hunt in the central part of the state. You are about an hour and a half drive down I-65 from me.

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
KYBuzzBox said:
Hi FoxHound,

I live just north of Elizabethtown in a small place called Rineyville (think bugtussel :laughing7:). I hunt in the central part of the state. You are about an hour and a half drive down I-65 from me.

You're actually really close. E-town is only about 45 mins away from me. My buddies and I are always hunting in the Boston area. We usually go down there a couple of times a week. We're talking to some people in E-town to get on some new sites down there, but it's hard to find good spots to hunt in that area.

Fox

KYBuzzBox

Apr 7, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
I hunt some in the E-town area but mostly between Glendale and Munfordsville. Both armies went back and forth in that area before the Perrysville battle. Maybe we can get together for a hunt once things dry out a little.

There were numerous CW camps in Nelson county for both sides. The Boston / New Haven area is a good place to hunt. This time of the year you have to worry about flooding along the Rolling fork and Salt rivers.

HH....KYBuzzbox

nova treasure

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2008
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
FoxHound said:
KYBuzzBox said:
Hi FoxHound,

You're actually really close. E-town is only about 45 mins away from me. My buddies and I are always hunting in the Boston area. We usually go down there a couple of times a week. We're talking to some people in E-town to get on some new sites down there, but it's hard to find good spots to hunt in that area.

Fox

Boston area ? I been through there a few times, always wanted to try hunting in that area, got any tips you want to share, pm me .

Nova

OP
OP
FoxHound0985

FoxHound0985

Feb 5, 2005
Amber Waves of Grain!
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Johnny Ringo Silver said:
Great Relics! Looks like a fun day to me. Do you have a picture of the half padlock? 8)

Here ya go Johnny. It looks to have, at one time, been painted black. The other item in the pic is the tin canteen spout.

HH!

Fox

Attachments

• DSCN1109.JPG
    DSCN1109.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 277
  • DSCN1110.JPG
    DSCN1110.JPG
    63.9 KB · Views: 265

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread