Another Barber Dime from century old place

Turtleman

Feb 8, 2007
NW PA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 and Minelab Explorer II
Folks,
I got just a few minutes yesterday at the end of my lunch break to hit the same place I wrote about in this post http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,311059.0.html. The grass/weeds are growing fast and I hunted most of the areas where the coil can be close to the ground earlier this spring so I tried a new tactic. I hit the places where the new grass/weeds and three foot weeds that got knocked down from the winter snow (and make a thick mat above the soil) so my coil was always about 6 inches above the actual ground. Anytime I heard a null or slight noise I cleared the area with my boot and swung the coil just above the ground. Most signals were clear "no dig" signals. I dug 4 deep iron pieces and this 1902 Barber dime. It sounded like silver even before I cleared the area with my boot. Most of the 'liberty' is there on the head. The coin was nicely struck. It was six inches deep in the soil which means that there was probably 10-12 inches from the coil to the dime before I cleared the area. I have found a few wheats at this place from this distance before but not any silver. I am finally getting the hang of the Explorer II.
I know there is a lot more there but I am running out of time with the grass and weeds really taking off. I'll have to hit the fields before they get planted.
Peace,
Turtleman

Attachments

• 1902 Barber dime obverse.jpg
    1902 Barber dime obverse.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 363
  • 1902 Barber dime reverse.jpg
    1902 Barber dime reverse.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sweet Barber :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF

Deepdiger60

Silver Member
Jun 18, 2009
Long Island E-end
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT,Sovereign xs2-pro Fisher CZ21 Custom Skullies , Stealth 720-i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like that silver how it comes up out of the ground good hunt :thumbsup: Dd60